Why become a member? ×

Squier JV Precision Bass ‘57 MIJ 1983 £840 - *SOLD*
£995
Lancaster

ash

A beautiful 1983 MIJ Squier JV Precision ‘57 style in excellent condition with all original parts. When I bought it it was wearing a black scratchplate but I’ve returned the original white single ply plate to the bass. 

It has a wonderful neck with a shallow profile and under 42mm nut width. The original pickup has the raised pole pieces under the A string and as a result has a lovely balanced sound. Neck is lovely, no dings other than the usual headstock knocks at the top edge. Frets are excellent and truss rod turns and works. There are a few minor dings and touch ups to the body finish. Nothing nasty or structural, evidence of a bass that has earned its keep over 40 years. 

It’s light at 3.8kgs and balances perfectly. It has the threaded bridge and reverse Kluson style tuners. These basses are very highly regarded and very collectible. I’m asking what it owes me and yes I will post in the UK at buyers cost and I have a basic case for it now. 

I’ve reduced the price for a quick sale as I’m moving soon. You won’t find a nicer JV at this price. 

I’d consider a trade for a short scale Sterling Stingray plus cash my way or a Sterling SB14 plus cash my way. No other trades wanted thanks. 

Edited by ash
Sold thanks
  • Like 16

• ash changed the title to Squier JV Precision Bass ‘57 MIJ 1983 £875 specific trades added
  • ash changed the title to Squier JV Precision Bass ‘57 MIJ 1983 £840
  • ash changed the title to Squier JV Precision Bass ‘57 MIJ 1983 now sold