Why become a member? ×

TI Flats - *SOLD*
£30
Retford

I have a set of TI flats up for grabs cut for Fender Jazz which are in great condition. I love TI flats but don’t need them on all my basses as I don’t play much these days.

Just need to take them off..

£30 delivered

image.jpg

Edited by Creeper
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rayman said:

The king of strings, there’s nothing better.

I briefly tried them years ago and from what I can remember they were a bit bright at the time so I thought I’d give them a better try on one of my precision’s 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rayman said:

The king of strings, there’s nothing better.

Agreed, I have them on all my basses.  Not to everyone's liking, I know, but that's the thing with strings.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I briefly tried them years ago and from what I can remember they were a bit bright at the time so I thought I’d give them a better try on one of my precision’s 

They are brighter than LaBellas for example, but I love them because of it. They’re an all rounder that cover many styles and tones, bright enough for the galloping rock player, but warm enough for some deep dub too, and they feel like your favourite slippers.

(not sponsored by Thomastik)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rayman said:

They are brighter than LaBellas for example, but I love them because of it. They’re an all rounder that cover many styles and tones, bright enough for the galloping rock player, but warm enough for some deep dub too, and they feel like your favourite slippers.

(not sponsored by Thomastik)

Thanks Rayman, at the time I was playing heavy dub with old labella’s which I still have so they probably would have been a lot brighter ,but now I dabble in a few different types of music (badly 😁),   nearly all my basses have LTF’s and the TI’s are a similar tension so I’m quite looking forward to trying them 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2023 at 12:10, Reggaebass said:

Thanks Rayman, at the time I was playing heavy dub with old labella’s which I still have so they probably would have been a lot brighter ,but now I dabble in a few different types of music (badly 😁),   nearly all my basses have LTF’s and the TI’s are a similar tension so I’m quite looking forward to trying them 

I have re-installed a set after a long time. I had abandoned them because I wanted more thump, but now I can't get enough of them. What is special about them I think is that they are very reactive. It's not just that they are in between flats and rounds. They can do actual thump and actual zing.

Unlike LaBellas, which I find the harder you play the more they thump, with TIs I find that I need to play with "relaxed" finges to get a thump, at least 1cm away from the P pickup roward the neck. Not a LaBella thump, but still..

Enjoy!

Edited by Paolo85
  • Like 1

• Creeper changed the title to TI Flats SOLD