Why become a member? ×

Chorus Shoot Out

stewblack

Just a bit of fun to satisfy my curiosity, and only a bedroom test, so hardly conclusive.

However I was surprised by the results.

IMG_20230305_185714.thumb.jpg.70f26e06424d61d65124c10ca1359bbd.jpg

I looped an 8 bar phrase, and set each pedal to what I thought showed it to  its best advantage. Then switched back and forth between pedals. I whittled the Zoom MS60B down to its best 4 choruses then treated each as an individual pedal.

And the Bass Chorus on the Zoom was, simply, the richest, warmest, chorusiest of them all.

Second place the Joyo, and then the CE-Cho5 again on the Zoom, followed by the Ampeg. The rest were much if a muchness. Except for the Fender Bubbler which appears to be broken .

So a win for Zoom. 

• Like 5

Don't forget the excellent emulation on the Zoom of the legendary Boss CE-1 ("Vintage CE " I believe that model is called), which is actually a pretty amazing and accurate emulation.

Also the absolute fattest chorus I ever heard is a Toneprint I created on my TC Electronic Shaker vibrato, using a triangle wave Vibrato with a LPF applied as modulation and then disengaging the stock "Kill Dry" and then blending it with clean signal.

That one was almost too thick though. 

And blending a Behringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato (Boss VB-2 clone) with clean signal, via for instance a Boss LS-2, makes for a really lush beautifully sounding chorus effect as well.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Can you tell us what they all are? I don't recognise them all...

Top L to R : Fender Bubbler, Behringer Ultra Bass, Ampeg Liquifier.

Bottom L to R : Joyo Future, Mooer Pitchbox, Mr Black Double, Zoom MS60B.

• Thanks 1