Why become a member? ×

NSD (New Spectorbird Day) x 4!

cetera

30 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I think Bass Direct had one that suffered finish damage because the bag was too tight/wrong shape.  I owned an LT4 and I'm pretty certain this used the same gig bag as the Euro-X, which is mental, given they're wholly different shapes/lengths.  Lazy.

It's crazy that a manufacturer can put so much care and attention into making a custom £2.5k instrument and the route to customer potentially falls over with the gigbag not being fit for purpose.

Going back to the case/bag thing, when bass is at home, it lives in the Tourtech HSC (I have HSCs for everything), when it goes out, it's in the Ritter.  Beautifully padded, loads of pockets, very lightweight.

20230712_132412.thumb.jpg.f33e69a074c1f5e45719851860e42d7e.jpg

Exactly for the price point you would think a hard case would be standard. However, I knew it wasn’t supplied with one when I bought it.

ill check out the Tourtech, thanks. Couldn’t find a Spector one online, and I’d guess they are close to £200.

By the way, that black bass is stunning! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I think Bass Direct had one that suffered finish damage because the bag was too tight/wrong shape.  I owned an LT4 and I'm pretty certain this used the same gig bag as the Euro-X, which is mental, given they're wholly different shapes/lengths.  Lazy.

It's crazy that a manufacturer can put so much care and attention into making a custom £2.5k instrument and the route to customer potentially falls over with the gigbag not being fit for purpose.

Going back to the case/bag thing, when bass is at home, it lives in the Tourtech HSC (I have HSCs for everything), when it goes out, it's in the Ritter.  Beautifully padded, loads of pockets, very lightweight.

20230712_132412.thumb.jpg.f33e69a074c1f5e45719851860e42d7e.jpg

Agreed the standard Spector gig bags are a poor choice for these basses.

I’ve seen the pics of the damaged white one, that’s not due to the bag in that case I’m my view.  A correctly shaped Spector gig bag wouldn’t have helped.

3 hours ago, Gully35 said:

Exactly for the price point you would think a hard case would be standard. However, I knew it wasn’t supplied with one when I bought it.

ill check out the Tourtech, thanks. Couldn’t find a Spector one online, and I’d guess they are close to £200.

By the way, that black bass is stunning! 

They have them at PMT, £120.00.

The Ritter bags are available easily enough (£80).