Why become a member? ×

Neck-through Warwick Rockbass

TheGreek

There were a few models of later Rockbasses that featured neckthru builds.

The tell tale signs of a Rockbass are multi piece maple neck that is part of a non-hidden neck thru design and also high gloss finish.

The made in China stamped on the back of the neck is also a giveaway 

Edited by dyerseve

I had one of these, it was a bit crap. Never got a good sound out of it - was thin and characterless. Never moved a bass on faster than the one I had, was a real disappointment. Gloss felt about a mile thick and... plasticy, made the neck quite unpleasant. And it was a bit of a boat anchor too. Really, there was nothing much to like about it :(

40 minutes ago, anzoid said:

I had one of these, it was a bit crap. Never got a good sound out of it - was thin and characterless. Never moved a bass on faster than the one I had, was a real disappointment. Gloss felt about a mile thick and... plasticy, made the neck quite unpleasant. And it was a bit of a boat anchor too. Really, there was nothing much to like about it :(

Ha! Just goes to show how one man's excrement laden nappy is another man's gourmet curry!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

Ha! Just goes to show how one man's excrement laden nappy is another man's gourmet curry!!

Indeed 😆

I generally love Warwick basses - currently have a German Thumb, a Pro Series Corvette fretless and a Korean Pro Series Thumb, and have had an assortment of Corvette Rockbasses over the years. I had really high hopes for the Streamer NT Rockbass. So I was gutted it was such a dog of a bass...