Why become a member? ×

Fender American Standard Precision Bass (2016) - *SOLD*
£895
Bridgnorth, Shropshire

thebrig

At the age of 71 with arthritis and other health issues, I have decided to call it a day and sell all my gear, so up for sale is my:

Fender American Standard Precision (2016) in Sunburst with a Maple Neck.

It’s all original, and plays and sounds just like a P Bass should.

It’s in very good condition but it does have a few minor marks/scratches here and there, they are not really noticeable unless held up to the light.

Comes with the original Fender hard-shell case.

Weight: 8lb 8oz

You are welcome to try it out at my home in Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

The serial number dates it as September 2016, so this would have been one of the last of the "American Standards" to roll off the production line.

Collection preferred, but I might consider delivering up to 100 miles for fuel costs.

Courier is possible at buyer’s expense.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpg

Edited by thebrig
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, MungoBass said:

That looks great. This series are excellent. My 2014 Precision is my ‘go to’.

The 2013 - 2016 American Standards are the best Fender basses of the lot, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Lovely looking bass. I'm sure this will sell quickly.

Moreover, sorry to hear of your health issues. I hope you don't give up entirely.
Perhaps you could think about playing a Short scale, or even shorter? like some of the 26" scale basses around. Maybe even a Uke Bass?

I suggest this, because I once gave up for almost 25 years! And on returning to the world of bass playing....  I regretted giving it up before. Plus, I am so so glad I took it up again.

These days, there are a great many small, compact, and lightweight amps, cabs & heads out there too.
Whatever you decide - best of luck with it :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marc S said:

Lovely looking bass. I'm sure this will sell quickly.

Moreover, sorry to hear of your health issues. I hope you don't give up entirely.
Perhaps you could think about playing a Short scale, or even shorter? like some of the 26" scale basses around. Maybe even a Uke Bass?

I suggest this, because I once gave up for almost 25 years! And on returning to the world of bass playing....  I regretted giving it up before. Plus, I am so so glad I took it up again.

These days, there are a great many small, compact, and lightweight amps, cabs & heads out there too.
Whatever you decide - best of luck with it :) 

Thanks for your kind words Marc, I will certainly carry on playing at home, and I think if a vacancy came up with a local band then I would probably consider it, but the thought of long trips to rehearsals and gigs just doesn’t appeal to me anymore.

Btw, I think the bass is practically sold now, just waiting for confirmation.

• Like 4

• thebrig changed the title to SOLD Fender American Standard Precision Bass (2016)