Why become a member? ×

GAS just snuck up on me - sneaky ol' GAS

lownote

So at the beginning of this year I vowed to abandon bass and focus all my energy and money on sax GAS. And I got to February really well. And bought loads of sax stuff.  I didn't touch the Revelation, and it wasn't even a battle to do that.  I eschewed the BC For Sale section (well, a little light window shopping p'raps). Then. Yesterday I watched the SBL Thursday vlogcast as usual, and there's Ian Martin Allison bigging up Leyla Sneary, a capable young bass sister on Instantgram.  And she's playing a 5 string 'burst alder Sire V7v2, which sounds rather well.  And IMMEDIATELY I'm on BC FS section scouring.  This is DESPITE having had four Sires in the past, including an alder V7 5 and moving on.  AND knowing that just because she plays it well doesn't mean I will. Doh. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoFrzn_uhyJ/?hl=en  

Edited by lownote
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lownote said:

So at the beginning of this year I vowed to abandon bass and focus all my energy and money on sax GAS. And I got to February really well. And bought loads of sax stuff.  I didn't touch the Revelation, and it wasn't even a battle to do that.  I eschewed the BC For Sale section (well, a little light window shopping p'raps). Then. Yesterday I watched the SBL Thursday vlogcast as usual, and there's Ian Martin Allison bigging up Leyla Sneary, a capable young bass sister on Instantgram.  And she's playing a 5 string 'burst alder Sire V7v2, which sounds rather well.  And IMMEDIATELY I'm on BC FS section scouring.  This is DESPITE having had four Sires in the past, including an alder V7 5 and moving on.  AND knowing that just because she plays it well doesn't mean I will. Doh. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoFrzn_uhyJ/?hl=en  

I'm stopping cutting my nails.

• Haha 1