Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB751 plus Roller Rack Case - Mint - *SOLD*
£1900
Leeds

petergales

Infirmity and old age have told me that it's time to stop lugging heavy gear around so this amp - acknowledged as a leader in its class - must be put up for sale.

I have had it from new, always kept in a rack case and therefore it's in immaculate condition. It has just been serviced by Gareth at Sound Services. I put it in a Gator Roller Rack Case to help with transporting it to and from gigs but I still can't avoid the lifting and my ruptured shoulder tends to complain at that.

It performs superbly. The official blurb is as follows.

The DB® 751 combines the legendary tube-driven tone of the DB® 750 with greater EQ control. A perfect combination of raw power and excellent tone, the DB® 751 continues the legacy set by the world famous DB® 750. Delivering 975 Watts at 2 ohms and 750 Watts at 4 ohms, this amp has the headroom you need to play any size venue.

DB® 751 FEATURES

Self-Diagnostic Protection Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection Circuit (both with LED indicators)

Power Output: 975 watts @ 2 ohms, 750 watts @ 4 ohms, 400 watts @ 8 ohms

Preamp Section: Three 12AX7’s

Power Section: 12 complimentary lateral MOSFETs

Transformer: Custom Aguilar toroidal power transformer

EQ Section: passive tone stack with active midrange element
Bass: +12 / -12 @ 40Hz
Midrange: +12 / -12 @ 750Hz
Treble: +12 / -7 @ 4kHz

Deep Switch: Adds 5 dB of broadband boost at 30 Hz

Bright Switch: Adds 5 dB of broadband boost at 5-7 kHz

Effects Loop: Send is push/pull for line or instrument level; Return is push/pull for parallel or series operation

Inputs: One 1/4″ input jack with an active/passive switch

Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, Jensen XLR balanced output (with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch) and Tuner out.

Cooling: Two high-quality whisper fans with thermal speed control

Dimensions: 17″ W x 14″ D x 5.25″ H

Rack Size: Three Spaces, Includes detachable rack ears

Weight: 42 lbs

For obvious reasons I'm not prepared to courier this but collection from Leeds is welcomed or a meet up within a 50 mile radius.

Thanks for looking.

DSCN1346.JPG

DSCN1347.JPG

DSCN1348.JPG

Edited by petergales
Sold
  • Like 8

"Infirmity and old age have told me that it's time to stop lugging heavy gear around so this amp - acknowledged as a leader in its class - must be put up for sale."

Peter - I might be infirm and old myself but I'm sure I bought once of these from you about 10 years ago!

Wonderful amps though, glwts, I doubt it will hang around long

• Like 2

On 13/02/2023 at 18:43, Owen said:

You know what is better than the kind of headroom designs like this offer? Nothing. Nothing at all.

For sure this takes some beating. I used to run it through a Bergantino NV412 and it sounded absolutely awesome.

• petergales changed the title to SOLD**** Aguilar DB751 plus Roller Rack Case - Mint