Why become a member? ×

NO LONGER FOR SALE Epifani 502 amplifier and Aguilar Rack Gig-Bag

Steve A

I'm reluctantly having to sell my Epifani 502 amplifier because of tax bill issues. Yes, I need to pay that bill!

Anyway, I bought the amp used from the Bass Gallery in London in February this year. It's only a couple of years old and I had the unit thoroughly serviced by Brian Bond, who does all the Gallery's amplifier servicing.

Twin channel with selectable mid frequencies on channel 2.

600w, very powerful, tight, focussed sound.

To be honest I've only used this amplifier a handful of times as I've been working on a tour this year with another bass player and sharing her rig. When i have used it I have been very happy with the sound and quality of the EQ.

The amp comes with rack ears and comes in a nice Aguilar rack gig-bag.

£750

Steve

Edited by funkmunky

Hi Steve,
First, I'm sorry to hear about the tax problem - I have family in the tax industry and they advise an experienced accountant (maybe you have one already) - if you're not earning too much, the fees should be modest and you should certainly save on tax.
To the point - I know the Gallery had a 'mint' 502 in earlier in the year and maybe this is the one you're advertising. Are there any marks or scratches on the front or rear control plates or anywhere else on the case (or is this unit blemish free)? Also, is the bag in good condition (I use the Aguilar bags and find them to be well-designed and pretty strong, however, they do seem to mark pretty easily)?
Cheers, Loz

Edited by lozbass

Hi Loz,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to get an accountant to advise me and get things in order!

Yes this is probably the 502 the Gallery had in stock. The amp is blemish free, as far as I know (it's been in the case since I bought it) and the gig bag is in perfect condition. The amp is light in weight and sounds great!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by funkmunky

I just got one of these and they are amazing - if anyone is looking for a top notch bit of gear these babies and the mutt's nuts.. :) - truly wonderful amps - unbeleivably powerful and so warm they are the perfect amp for all fingestyle players out there.

Bumpty bump - good luck with the sale Steve and sorry about your tax nightmare... tax is a nightmare fullstop!

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='urb' post='50986' date='Aug 26 2007, 05:06 PM']I just got one of these and they are amazing - if anyone is looking for a top notch bit of gear these babies and the mutt's nuts.. :) - truly wonderful amps - unbeleivably powerful and so warm they are the perfect amp for all fingestyle players out there.

Bumpty bump - good luck with the sale Steve and sorry about your tax nightmare... tax is a nightmare fullstop!

Cheers

Mike[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words and the support Mike.

[quote name='dood' post='53360' date='Aug 31 2007, 01:05 PM']I think this is my 3rd :) of the day![/quote]

I might have bought myself some time and even posibly reduced my tax burden so not as much need to seel this as I originall thought...

Thanks for your interest guys, I"ll be back on here if all turns sour!!!

Steve

[quote name='funkmunky' post='53683' date='Sep 1 2007, 01:12 AM']I might have bought myself some time and even posibly reduced my tax burden so not as much need to seel this as I originall thought...

Thanks for your interest guys, I"ll be back on here if all turns sour!!!

Steve[/quote]

Good news!

I only hope that if you ever do put it up for sale again I have some money! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I do feel rather drawn to this amp, considering I have the UL610 cab to match it with. What configuration is the effects loop? series / parallel?

Could I be thinking about selling my powersoft???

Dood - it's switchable between the two seies and parallel.

I can really recommend these, they sound fantastic......well you've only to look at the players who use them, players who can probably use any amp that they wanted.

I'm using an Epi 3x10, I should imagine that your 6x10 would sound pretty damn good.

Edited by kjb

[quote name='dood' post='58999' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:06 PM']I do feel rather drawn to this amp, considering I have the UL610 cab to match it with. What configuration is the effects loop? series / parallel?

Could I be thinking about selling my powersoft???[/quote]

You definitely need to buy this amp! Ha ha! It sounds amazing through my Epifani UL410.

Let me know when you've made a decision and have cash to give me :)

• 4 weeks later...