Why become a member? ×

Various used DB string sets - One set remains, now reduced to £25 - *SOLD*
£100
near Stourbridge, South Staffordshire

PTB

I have come across 3 complete sets of used DB strings following our recent house move. All have been enjoyed, wiped down after use and have been stored in their original packaging in our smoke-free house since I moved back to Spirocores in 2013. 

UPDATE - it seems I have mixed up the strings and the packaging - I have tried to clarify this below.  My thanks to SubsonicSimpleton.

£35  £25 - Innovation Silver Slap - from memory, these replaced the above in around 2011 and were also regularly gigged for a couple of years. These seem to be about £170 new.  Shown with the Eurosonics packaging.  

Eurosonic Light - SOLD 

Innovation Golden Slap - SOLD

The price for each set includes UK postage. 

IMG-0861.jpg

IMG-0860.jpg

IMG-0859.JPG

Edited by PTB
all sold
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, slap_it_hard said:

Hi, possibly interested, when you say regularly gigged, how much usage do they have in hours please?

A rough guess for the Slaps would be 60 gigs at 2 hours each x 2 years = 240 hours. 

The Eurosonics would be around 150 hours. 

Edited by PTB
Correction

I think you might have mixed up the strings and their envelopes - old innovation strings have the tapered barrel end, and the eurosonics have the ball end that looks similar to the ones on pirastro strings.

Innovation are poor at documenting their silk colours, but I have a set of the old golden slaps which are all green silk at tailpiece end, and colour coded at pegbox, the string in your pic with round ball end and yellow with green stripe silk looks like older pictures of eurosonics going by the results that google images pulled from old ads on talkbass.

I'd be interested in trying the Eurosonics if you have not already posted them out in the wrong envelopes.

1 hour ago, SubsonicSimpleton said:

I think you might have mixed up the strings and their envelopes - old innovation strings have the tapered barrel end, and the eurosonics have the ball end that looks similar to the ones on pirastro strings.

Innovation are poor at documenting their silk colours, but I have a set of the old golden slaps which are all green silk at tailpiece end, and colour coded at pegbox, the string in your pic with round ball end and yellow with green stripe silk looks like older pictures of eurosonics going by the results that google images pulled from old ads on talkbass.

I'd be interested in trying the Eurosonics if you have not already posted them out in the wrong envelopes.

Oh heck!  Thanks for your eagle eyes - I trusted my labelling from 8-9 years ago so it looks like I have sent the Eurosonics out in error.  I will DM the recipient and amend the above.  If the recipient doesn't want the Eurosonics, I will DM you and try and get them to you.

• PTB changed the title to Various used DB string sets SOLD