Why become a member? ×

Music makes me time travel.

TheGreek

This happens with a lot of songs to me. One on particular is Walking on Sunshine (yes really). Early 90's I living in Hong Kong and one if the band's I was in was playing an outdoor gig for a few hundred people. When we played the song the seemed whole crowd got into it and were literally bouncing about dancing to it and singing along. It was quite a spectacle from our viewpoint.

On 13/01/2023 at 19:11, lozkerr said:

Vangelis - Memories of Green. Takes me right back to when I first heard it after buying the See You Later album in 1980. 

I bought it on impulse, as there was something about the bleak album cover and the disturbing photo on the inner sleeve that resonated with the lonely teenager that was me in 1980. Initially I wondered what the hell I'd wasted my money on, as the first two tracks were distinctly meh.

Then Memories of Green started playing and I was utterly blown away. I played it over and over again, lying on my bedroom floor in the dark listening to the rain spattering against the window. It's a melancholy and lonely-sounding piece of music, but it struck a chord with me and I've never fallen out of love with it.

It is indeed a wonderful piece of music! Have you heard the version by The New American Orchestra? IMHO it's sublime.

• Like 1

Whenever I listen to Genesis' A Trick Of The Tail or Wind And Wuthering, I'm taken right back to the late 70's in Teesside,

hanging out with friends, and listening to an eclectic mix of music around each others houses on bitterly cold winter nights.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2023 at 17:17, Shaggy said:

Absolutely true; and for me the strongest associations are indelibly linked to my romantic life.   Fiction Factory’s  “Feels like heaven” completely takes me back to bittersweet memories of early 1984 when I and the first real love of my life were going through a rocky time.....🤔

My all-time favourite album, takes my right to the best summer of my life doing voluntary work at a Marine Biology station on a tiny island off SW Ireland 🙂

Mine too ,it just invokes to me the tough time i had with the Recession of 1981 where i was was made Redundant and felt totally useless and was suffering from depression until finally i came out the other side.That Album literally saved my life