Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard Power Supply On/Off Help?

BasistaFunky

Hello there guys, I am building my own pedal board and I have a couple very serious and important questions about the power supply.

So my first question is - Can I add а on/off switch for the power on my pedalboard instead of plug and unplug the cable directly every time from the wall?

My second question is - If this is possible and I buy this one for the solution: https://westcoastpedalboard.com/product/pedalboard-electrical-harness/ can I replace the two way toggle switch with a button footswitch to turn on and off the power with my foot instead of doing this by hand?

And my third last question is - Again if all this is possible, are there a switch who is the same like this on the image with light build in and with the same sizes but in a form of a push button:

830767628_ONOFFLIGHTSWITCH.thumb.jpg.cd88e9622a1317464931112a4300a768.jpg

And if there are any kind of this one in a form of a button with light build in will it work for the job and where can I find it? Thank you :)

Edited by BasistaFunky

Yes, you can. But this switch in the picture isn't the most robust choice (not beer resistant, either). The reason for taking the plug from the wall is that there is one less fragile component breaking. If you need a switch at the rehearsal place, I would consider something like this:

https://shopdelta.eu/socket-with-switch-mce-13-230-v-3500-w-maclean-energy_l2_p12782.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

honestly a kettle plug is super tough to break, and your still going to have to plug it in somewhere arent you so dont really see why its needed?

Andy

This is the kind of question I try to avoid asking out of the gate as there  must  be  a  reason. But no response from OP so far makes it entirely appropriate. What the hell is the point of cutting off the power from time to time on your pedal board?

I can only think that it's a ham fisted solution to unwanted noise on the clean channel.

29 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

This is the kind of question I try to avoid asking out of the gate as there  must  be  a  reason. But no response from OP so far makes it entirely appropriate. What the hell is the point of cutting off the power from time to time on your pedal board?

I can only think that it's a ham fisted solution to unwanted noise on the clean channel.

yeh i did wait to see if he replied to the above, i mean i guess for a home setup thats never gonna move.......maybe just a bluetooth controlled extension might be a better solution for the OP?

On 11/01/2023 at 02:37, BasistaFunky said:

And my third last question is - Again if all this is possible, are there a switch who is the same like this on the image with light build in and with the same sizes but in a form of a push button:

I had an illuminated push on/off switch on a (no-name) 100W amp I got in the early 80s. It was extremely temperamental and would often require a couple of presses to turn on or off. Eventually it failed in the off position and was replaced with the more typical rocker switch (like the one in your photo).

Your answer is in your link: SPST. Not good. The switch should cut both live and neutral. No shield for liquids, not gigging?

Sorry, I still don't get this idea. If the power switch is a must, buy something that is robust, and put some kind of a collar around it to prevent accidental hits.