Why become a member? ×

Source Audio MIDI adapter

Jakester

Looks like Source Audio are launching a MIDI adapter for use with their pedals:

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/source-audio-launch-midi-adapter

Interesting it uses the 'standard' MIDI plugs rather than USB. I guess that means less of the need for ugly kludges like the collection of USB cables daisy chained between my C4 and DMC Micro, and means a wider range of controllers can be used. Surprised it took this long, TBH. 

I've been waiting for this for a while now.  It will be interesting to see the price for something that really should have been built into the pedals in the first place, instead of their weird proprietary system.  It's fantastic that it is powered from the pedal though, well done to them on that point.

Probably the biggest reason I don't own a C4 is because I can't easily trigger it with my Quad Cortex.  This is still a faff, but if its really keenly priced, I mean realllllly keenly, it may be tempting.

Wasn't there talk of the C4 being upgrade to a full sized pedal with proper midi ports?

18 hours ago, Kev said:

Probably the biggest reason I don't own a C4 is because I can't easily trigger it with my Quad Cortex.  This is still a faff, but if its really keenly priced, I mean realllllly keenly, it may be tempting.

Wasn't there talk of the C4 being upgrade to a full sized pedal with proper midi ports?

Someone asked on Instagram about the price, and apparently it's approximately $39, so maybe around £30-35 here? 

1672256987364.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...