Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Baby Blue Burns SJB Bass VI ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£180
NW Wilts / W Berks

Cat Burrito

Offered for sale is my Burns Bass VI. Bought for a recording project initially, it suits everything from those 60s vibes through to 80s alternative. Essentially a halfway house between a bass and a guitar? It's kind of both, sort of neither. 

The spec from Burns is;

The baby Blue model based on the 1962 Jazz Guitar series utilising a comfortable short scale of 30 inches.

The SSJ Six Bass uses a heavy set of mid bass 018 to 085 gauge strings for that authentic sixties baritone instrumental sound as well as delivering a full range of bass frequencies. Fitted with 3 x Burns Tri Sonic pickups, a 5-way pickup selector switch and responsive tremolo unit.
A truly versatile instrument for all lead, bass and rhythm players.

Features include:

One tone control

One master volume

5-way pickup selector switch

Three Burns Tri Sonic pickups

Bass wood body

Synthetic Lignam Rosa fingerboard

Scale length: 30"

Bolt on maple neck

Burns Tremolo unit

Classic polyester finish

Burns deluxe machine heads

R.R.P. £449.00

1084581086_BurnsVI.jpg.68526f6d8f2489916fd91bdd77358a17.jpg

It'll be collection only from Swindon / Newbury area or I can consider shipping with the neck taken off but don't have a hard case. That would be UK sale only, I'm afraid. 

I see GAK have one for nearly £600 and mine looks identical. Burns SSJ-B Club Bass 6 String - Baby Blue, Second-Hand (gak.co.uk)  Posting as mine is currently put away and I have just the one photo on my phone. It's never gigged. You can see it in action as I used it on a 1 minute clip with my 80s Alternative Goth duo

Worth adding that mine is in very good condition. I think I underpriced this as it's so niche and GAK are being very optimistic. Check my feedback to see that I am easy to buy from. Thanks for looking.

Edited by Cat Burrito
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I have to ask... postage?

I did touch upon this in the original post but appreciate it looks a bit lost with all the text, photos and videos. So with a bit more detail, I don't have a hard case so I won't be able to get insurance. However, if someone was up for getting it shipped with the neck off, I'd be happy to consider a UK only sale for an extra £25. That wouldn't quite cover my packaging and postage costs but that's the lowest I would consider, should anyone wish to do so.

1 minute ago, floFC said:

PM sent - do you know the nut width and string spacing?

I don't but it feels more guitar-y than bass-y. It's packed away so I can't measure it but it feels similar to the Squier Bass VI's if that is any help at all (& I appreciate it might not be!)

• Thanks 1

• Cat Burrito changed the title to Baby Blue Burns SJB Bass VI ON HOLD
  • Cat Burrito changed the title to Baby Blue Burns SJB Bass VI SOLD