Why become a member? ×

1995 Peavey Milestone III Bass (Jazz pickups) in Black £100 O.N.O., now with a certain Luthier's Condition Report! - *SOLD*
£100

yorks5stringer

1995 Peavey Milestone III Bass (Jazz pickups) in Black with Aged White Pickguard £100

I've sent this to my Luthier ( Philip D Marks) and here is his report:

'This is an early Peavey and unlike the amplifiers is a Bass Guitar. It had newish strings with red ball ends and blue top windings so I've swapped the G string so it does not match the others colourwise.(Thanks?) The nut is as it left the factory and I've resisted carving deep canyons in it as my chainsaw is in for repair and  the action is fast and easy, as low as a gnats chuff. Both the two volume and tone knobs work as they should, I'd love to add a non standard knob but have run out. Sadly the headstock has the Peavey logo on it which I've left alone too, so no Sharpie action today!  The tuners are smooth and progressive so left stock. It has 2 passive pickups already so I can't do my usual trick of  making an active bass passive, just passive aggressive.....as you must know the jazzbass electrics have twin volumes that let you blend across the two pickups or turn either right off... if both are on full it gives a full funky Precision tone, but roll back the neck pickup a bit and the tone tightens to a jazz-rock Jaco Pastorius sound, understand?????  The original scratchplate has faded to the colour of out of date plain yoghurt, not the only thing passed its sell-by date! Chat later, Philip.'

Got this as a trade so priced cheap and cheerfully.

In very good condition for a 27 year old bass and everything works as it should with no crackly pots. I’ve given it a clean and a set-up, put on some little-used round wounds and it plays well. The Truss rod still moves and of course it is easily adjusted by the wheel at the heel of the neck: the neck is importantly dint free too.

For its age it is remarkably damage free with just one small dint at the top of the belly bout as photo’d ( closeup makes it look much worse than it is and I've now drop-filled it so much smaller), a slight scuff at the tip of the headstock on the underside, and a few odd dints that have not broken the paint and are hardly noticeable!

Comes with the strap as shown in the photo.

I’d normally put it in a gig bag and box it but gave all my old gig bags away at the last SW Bash (spent 10 minutes looking for them before I realised) but would wrap in bubbles and double box if required to send by courier. Mind at this price point someone close who could pick it up or meet halfway would be easier and cheaper?

Any further enquiries, drop me a PM please.

P1050908.thumb.JPG.0178887d01a6d5f71771ace05fcc128b.JPG

P1050909.thumb.JPG.a41c11c63be6f1a2efbce54ba730f02d.JPG

P1050910.thumb.JPG.f6627dd475f2621f8fba14131b9e79c8.JPG

P1050911.thumb.JPG.431099cba5e60336bf145c74135fd57c.JPG

P1050912.thumb.JPG.da5c6de43d71f8dc6493b80d882e70c4.JPG

P1050915.thumb.JPG.2b6ded0e6560ff508a7f5bf9e174313d.JPG

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 6

• yorks5stringer changed the title to 1995 Peavey Milestone III Bass (Jazz pickups) in Black with Aged White Pickguard £100 O.N.O.
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got one of these, was playing it last week.  It's very good for its price point; I've got cobalt flats on it, it sounds nice.  If I needed an inexpensive fretted four-string this would definitely be on my list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexjbassist said:

I used to have one of these for teaching - played way better than a bass of this price deserved to.  Listed it here, but it ended up going on ebay and selling for  more than your asking price.

I may try the bay when they have a free listing again!

• 2 weeks later...

Highly under rated basses.  Light weight, really well balanced due to long horn design and a very slim playable neck.   I put some used EMGs (ex BC) in mine, as per @alexjbassist you would have to spend way more than £100 to get a better bass (I have the usual offenders in the bass cave to make comparisons with).

• Like 3

• yorks5stringer changed the title to 1995 Peavey Milestone III Bass (Jazz pickups) in Black £100 O.N.O. For Bassists with Big, Medium or Small Hands, now with Luthiers Report!
On 15/02/2023 at 12:57, Wilson_51_ said:

I had one of these as my first bass and loved it. Well worth the money! A pickup change worked wonders on an otherwise great bass. 

good luck with the sale!!

I had one for a while, and gigged it a couple of times with EMG pickups fitted. Nice bass at that.

GLWTS, Y5S!

• Like 1

• yorks5stringer changed the title to 1995 Peavey Milestone III Bass (Jazz pickups) in Black £100 O.N.O., now with a certain Luthier's Condition Report! SOLD (subject to payment).