Why become a member? ×

January Composition Challenge

lurksalot

42 minutes ago, Wolfram said:

Hey guys, this is my first entry, so go easy on me! In fact, it's my first recorded bass guitar line since about 2006!... New Years' Resolution has got me going on some music again, which can only be a good thing. It's not really finished - I have had time to neither write nor record lyrics, but here it is so far - Midwinter Daiquiri:

Midwinter Daiquiri on SoundCloud

(can anyone help - I can't work out how to embed the SoundCloud track like the other entries...?)

The bass is an Ibanez EHB1506MS six string fan-fret, electric guitar is a Strandberg seven string fan-fret, put together with Cubase 12 featuring a bit of Native Instruments' Session Horns.

I hope you enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

Have you tried copying the link? Loving your song

Edited by SH73
added

Congratulations to @SH73 for beating me in the 'Upload Challenge' :biggrin:

Decided on a laid back, gentle reggae feel for this one, despite Indonesia not being in the Caribbean. The lyrics focus on the wish to get away to sunnier climes and the attractions of a South East Asian holiday. What's it like in Indonesia? You're asking the wrong bloke. I've never been further east than Antwerp 😄 Many thanks to Tom Waits for the pronunciation of 'Indonesia'.

Instruments used were a 4 string cigar box guitar, Westfield violin bass, an electro-acoustic Irish bouzouki, Yamaha keyboard, a couple of shakes from an angklung and drum samples from Looperman and Ableton. All recorded with Wavepad and Audacity. Vocals are a female vocal from Sample Focus and a dodgy vocal from yours truly, both in the performance and recording of the thing.

Edited by upside downer
  • Like 4