Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My band is on Radio Caroline this afternoon!

Paul S

My blues rock trio Toredown is going to have a track played on Radio Caroline!  Stephen Foster's slot, just before he packs in at 13:40hrs.  Must be from one of our recent gigs, some of which was recorded on the desk.  No idea which track or what it sounds like so should be interesting!  Hope it isn't The Stumble 'cos that's what I did in one section :D 

http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/radioplayer4/index.html?v=1671535956338

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Count Bassy said:

Radio Caroline? Is this the 1970s still?

it is indeed.  I was wearing my flairs, stack-heeled shoes and 'South Sea Bubble' brushed denim jacket during the recording. :D 

Radio Caroline still exists but in a different form to the 'good old days' - it is more of a Suffolk local rock station but, of course, available everywhere as it is online.

21 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Nice one! Stephen Foster is a decent bloke. Proper music fan and occasional Blues promoter. Used to be on BBC Radio Suffolk. 

Indeed, he is an absolutely lovely fella. Foz is a big fan of the band - our song choices and how we play them -  and goes out of his way to put some decent stuff in our direction which is such a massive bonus :) 

• Like 1