Why become a member? ×

Traben Chaos Core - *SOLD*
£320
Kent

WHUFC BASS

I'm selling my Traben Chaos Core "Whisky Burl" 5 String as I've just got too many basses, so grab a bargain. I got this imported from the U.S.A at some considerable cost back in 2010 and have not been disappointed with it at all. It's the more conservative looking bases from the Traben range and it's quite rare to find one of these in the UK these days (especially a 5-string) with the Aguilar pre-amp and Rockfield active pickups. They're quite versitile as both single coils and humbuckers and with the five-way switch you can change the setup instantly (see diagram below).

I've recorded two albums with it and the Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp really sounds great for recording and live work. The Rockfield pickups really sound great (why they've never made replacement bass pickups in this range is beyond me). The 5 string neck is wide and flat yet really comfortable. Its set up nicely and its never let me down.

Specs are:

BRIDGE: Chaos internal bridge
SCALE: 35"
NECK CONSTRUCTION: bolt on
PICKUPS: two Rockfield® humbuckers
ELECTRONICS: Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp
CONTROLS: three-band eq with volume and five-way switch
BODY: Royal Paulonia
TOP: burled maple
FRETBOARD Rosewood
NUT synthetic

There's a "2" stamped on the back of the neck which I think means it was a second but as far as I can tell, the reason for this is some white paint on the battery compartment protective film as seen in the pic. Protective film can be removed if you want. I think the straplocks on it are Dunlop.

Looking for £320.

20200603_163611.jpg

20200603_163554.jpg

20200603_163619.jpg

20200603_163636.jpg

20200603_163531.jpg

Traben Chaos Core 5 - Pots and Toggle Inst.jpg

Edited by WHUFC BASS
  • Like 5

Yeah I think it's a fair price, as I say it's stamped with a "2" which as far as I can tell is from the paint on the battery cover so I've knocked a bit off for that. I've had this bass years and I just need to reduce the number of basses (he says as he just took possession of a Peavey Foundation today!)

• Like 2

• WHUFC BASS changed the title to Traben Chaos Core *SOLD*