Why become a member? Ɨ

Modulus QW5
Ā£2500
Norfolk

E sharp

Modulus QW5.Ā 

5 string Modulus Quantum for sale.

This is the wide string spacing model.Ā 
Regular Quantum 5ā€™s are 17mm. They then offered two wide spacings- 19mm and 21/21.5 mm.Ā 
This is the 21mm one, and I suspect that there canā€™t be that many that were made. Itā€™s basically their 6 string neck, with 5 strings. It is a a bit neck heavy, but a wide strap sorts this completely.

Ā 

Bought it off a fellow BCā€™er last year on here, and I think that he had it from new.Ā 
Ā 

35ā€ scale.

24 fret with 21mm spacing at the bridge.

John East pre-amp. Vol/blend stack , bass/treble stack (pull for bright) , mid/freq stack. Then thereā€™s a passive tone control that pulls for ā€˜passiveā€™ mode - this works in either passive or active mode. The two knobs nearest the pick ups are 4 way coil taps. Furthest back is rear single coil, next forward is front single coil. Third click is parallel, and last is series. Thereā€™s also an LED that I presume is a low battery marker- not sure though.Ā 
Norstrand pick ups. Custom ordered by previous owner- had to make specifically for the string spacing.
Ā 

I play this a lot at home, and I think maybe one gig last year, but canā€™t be sure. Idea was to have a passive and active bass, and use accordingly. But I find Iā€™m using the passive 5 for all my gigs, and the Function band deps- just covers everything really. So this Modulus isnā€™t getting used much, even though itā€™s probably one of the best basses that Iā€™ve ever owned.Ā 
Ā 

Comes with a hard case.Ā 
Just found out that my scales are knackered, so Iā€™ll have to update the ad with the weight.Ā 
Ā 

Bought for Ā£2500, and I did a 5 hour round trip to pick up. So looking to sell for the base price I paid for it.Ā 
Shipping this is a no brainier no for me, but I can travel to meet up within reason.Ā 
Ā 

Unsure about trades, but hit me with what youā€™ve got.Ā 
Ā 

Not in a hurry to sell this, and if it doesnā€™t sell, then Iā€™ll just keep it, as itā€™s lovely really.Ā 
Ā 

Thanks for looking.Ā 
Ā 

Paul

DEAE9134-6219-4FE1-9455-C355D252423D.jpeg

CB0D4CD6-9A28-4CBE-9D4E-341FB90D5245.jpeg

07C12C43-DA61-4F74-8955-FA59CBE1602D.jpeg

53AB21FB-2669-42EB-B87D-CBA0C5BD377E.jpeg

4116841D-F168-4AFB-AA6C-FB8C7F758B1C.jpeg

EF3FD589-5D17-4AB5-B2BE-F1530DC1D31A.jpeg

7D4A2F37-6975-401A-8F95-DB55AF5F0878.jpeg

C8742B4C-6ACE-43F9-B307-E4BBF05B2CD1.jpeg

F5278FCD-D748-4D0F-9C82-9C009126220D.jpeg

• Like 13

Yep, I think you said that when I put a post up here last year when I bought it.Ā 
Ā 

It is their 6 string neck, used for a wide 5 spacing I believe- 17mm x 6 = 102 , and 21 x 5 = 105. Thatā€™s how my logic works
Iā€™m not sure how cost would pan out, as youā€™d have to change the nut, bridge and pick ups too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2023 at 17:22, ziggydolphinboy said:

Beautiful bass

where about are you based/

Ā I may have a couple of trade options but the spacing may be too wide for my silly small hands.

Ā glwts

Ā 

Sent you a PM ZiggydolphinboyĀ 

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/12/2022 at 09:29, E sharp said:

Yep, I think you said that when I put a post up here last year when I bought it.Ā 
Ā 

It is their 6 string neck, used for a wide 5 spacing I believe- 17mm x 6 = 102 , and 21 x 5 = 105. Thatā€™s how my logic works
Iā€™m not sure how cost would pan out, as youā€™d have to change the nut, bridge and pick ups too

The math is correct, but technicallyĀ :):

Ā 

17*5=85 since thereā€™s only 5 ā€œgapsā€ between strings in a sixer. 85/4 is then 21.25. So same result, but what you described is for a 7-string versus a sixer.Ā 
Ā 

Anyway, this wide spacing would fit my spider fingers so perfectlyā€¦ too bad itā€™s on the other side of the pond. I miss my old Modulus. :(Ā 

Just an update on the weight, as my scales were faulty.Ā 
Ā 

With me on and off the scales, it shows the weight to be 10lbs, or 4.5/4.6 kgs.Ā 
Ā 

Trades wise, I quite fancy either another Dingwall Super P5, or PJ5 plus cash.Ā 
Also like the look of the Sadowsky M24 thatā€™s up for sale on here, for the same price.Ā 
Ā 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...