Why become a member? ×

J Retro - *SOLD*
£115
Milton Keynes

I bought this J-Retro from here recently on a whim. Having fitted it to a Bass Collection Jive Bass, I think I'm preferring a passive vibe, and my Sire V9 scratches my active itch, so I'm putting it back up for sale. Just looking to get most of my dosh back so want what I payed for it which is £115 inc UK postage. All works as it should, some swirls in the chrome but looks worse in the pics than it does in real life. Treat yourself for Crimbo!

IMG_2343.thumb.JPG.0155dded29db02fba3752b4a573f888a.JPG

IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.9446abb38b7070377de2283283945dd3.JPG

Edited by King Tut
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

How hard is this to fit? I can change pickups but don't know much about active stuff. The bass is a ibanez mezzo 2 band active which is rubbish.

A doddle. I've had a couple of these, mine were the ones with solder lugs, so this one, which has the screw terminals will be even easier. 

Do it. Honestly these are the best after-market preamps I've ever put in a jazz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom1946 said:

How hard is this to fit? I can change pickups but don't know much about active stuff. The bass is a ibanez mezzo 2 band active which is rubbish.

Well this is designed to drop directly into a Jazz Bass so I would imagine the pot shafts are too short to fit through the wooden front of a bass. Other than that you just feed the pick-up wires into the screw terminals and solder the ground wire from the bridge onto the appropriate lug of the Jack socket. The hardest bit for me was squeezing it all into the cavity. If you look online you’ll be able to find the depth of cavity for it to fit ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • King Tut changed the title to SOLD J Retro SOLD