Why become a member? ×

Celestion BN12 300 or Emminence Delta 12LFA for EBS Neoline 212

kwmlondon

Hi All. I'm getting my hands on an EBS 212 4ohm cab that has two dead 12" drivers. I'm looking at two 8 ohm replacement drivers and these are the two choices that most seem to meet the brief:

Celestion BN12 - 300

Emminence Delta 12LFA

Here's the pro's and cons

Weight - Celestion: 2kh as apposed to 5gk (neodynium as oposed to ceramic magnet)

Price - Emminence - £105 to £135

Power - Emminence - 500w to 300w

The cab was originally rated at 600w so I'd guess it would have had a pair of 300w neodynium so would the crossover even cope with a 1000w.

What would you suggest?

It's not really practical to suggest replacements without modelling the cab, which I'm not able to do.

There are plenty of savvy speaker guys on here that could do it or make a suitable suggestion and I'm sure one will be along in a minute.

Have you thought of getting them repaired? Wembley Loudspeakers are the people to speak to and at least then the cab is original.

Edited by BassBunny

Honestly, it might be worth contacting EBS directly and they might be able to provide/sell you replacement drivers designed for the cab.

In general my understanding is that EBS use Emminence drivers made to their own spec. The Prolines I think used speakers that were very similar to Emminence Gammas, however I don't have any knowledge of the equivalent Neo speakers. My best guess would be something similar to the Emminence Deltalites but made to EBS' own spec. Accordingly I would contact EBS directly. They are generally very good to deal with in my experience. If they can't sell you the part direct, they will point you to their UK distributor or dealer. 

As BFM said in your other thread on this subject, when you get the cab you need to take some photos of the existing drivers and measure the internal dimensions of the cab. The the knowledgeable people on here can point you in the direction of some replacement drivers that are suitable for this cab.

• Like 1

I ... am .... shocked and amazed. EBS just responded and said that (good news) they did replacement drivers but (bad news) they would be out of stock until mid January. The price... would be reasonable. So I will be sticking with the proper parts. I think I may have just become an EBS fanboy! It does mean being a bit patient (booooooo!!!!)

Edited by kwmlondon
  • Like 2

Yay !

The Celestions were never an option anyway, as Bill told ya.  Pathetic xmax of only 2.5mm. No good for bass, so you're only choice was Eminence.

But the EBS originals is the best result possible, and no modelling software needed.

• Like 1