Why become a member? ×

£250 Westone Thunder on eBay

Beedster

17 hours ago, Beedster said:

Always worth looking at the sold items to get an idea of price - still lots of Thunders around, a few go for around that sort of money, but they still seem to be mostly in the £100-£200 bracket. This one looks OK, well-played but not abused & could do with a good hosing-down. Looks all original but I'd say a bit over the odds.

4 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Always worth looking at the sold items to get an idea of price - still lots of Thunders around, a few go for around that sort of money, but they still seem to be mostly in the £100-£200 bracket. This one looks OK, well-played but not abused & could do with a good hosing-down. Looks all original but I'd say a bit over the odds.

i stand corrected John 😀

A WT was my first bass and I was probably moved to mention this one by sentiment. Still very good value by comparison with some of the crap in the same price range on eBay?

• Like 1

Thunders are interesting basses; extremely well regarded, but have never made the leap into the next price range - apart from some chancers asking silly money.

£250 could be doable, given that most other things seem to have gone up by a good 50% in the past year, but it might be a stretch.

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Thunders are interesting basses; extremely well regarded, but have never made the leap into the next price range - apart from some chancers asking silly money.

£250 could be doable, given that most other things seem to have gone up by a good 50% in the past year, but it might be a stretch.

I think an immaculate, virtually unplayed one might justify £250+, but like you say, the 1 & 1As haven't appreciated like other MIJs have. It's interesting that the through-neck Thunder II & IIIs do go for quite serious money. That said, I think this one might stick around for a while!

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2022 at 11:31, Bassassin said:

I think an immaculate, virtually unplayed one might justify £250+, but like you say, the 1 & 1As haven't appreciated like other MIJs have. It's interesting that the through-neck Thunder II & IIIs do go for quite serious money. That said, I think this one might stick around for a while!

It's back! At 10 times the price. Could someone explain what is going on please, in words of one syllable or less?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185702965498?hash=item2b3cc260fa:g:TyYAAOSwthhi0~LM

• Haha 1