Why become a member? ×

One for the Jap' experts - Momose

sshorepunk

Anyone of you guys heard of Momose custom guitars? Found some info on the www, but not a whole lot, figured someone on here may no more.
They made some basses for Bass Collection, I remember the Bass Collection range covered a very wide price range with some nice Jazz type basses with Barts at the top. Momose it would seem, were responsible for some of the better models

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

Momose are part of the Deviser family, which includes Bacchus and Headway hand made ranges. That's top end stuff right there. I've never played one but I'm properly ghey for Bacchus.

[url="http://www.deviser.co.jp/"]http://www.deviser.co.jp/[/url]

Send a mail to aki-shiokawa (at) deviser (dot) co (dot) jp, he's a gent and will tell you whatever you need to know. Basschatter FunkyDario is Bacchus' man in Europe, he might be able to help with Momose too.

Thanks for the info

I spent more time searching the www and found pretty much what you said, not a lot of info out there, but the Bacchus connection is mentioned a lot

I just picked up a lined fretless jazz bass, Bass Collection branded, but made by Momose, I haven't got it yet, but they seem to have a good rep' so hopefully it will be evident when I recieve it (bought blind off e-bay!)

Tony

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='470714' date='Apr 23 2009, 01:48 PM']Sorry mate never heard of them...try Bassassin. He is the font of all things Jap.

(Assume these are Jap?)[/quote]
Unfortunately this one had me stumped - maybe revise that to "all things Jap between about 1970 and 1983".

I've just been told on RickResource that I can't say " Jap" because it's racist. Apparently.

Me? Racist? How very dare they! Bloody Septics.

:ph34r: :)

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='472110' date='Apr 25 2009, 12:23 PM']Unfortunately this one had me stumped - maybe revise that to "all things Jap between about 1970 and 1983".

I've just been told on RickResource that I can't say " Jap" because it's racist. Apparently.

Me? Racist? How very dare they! Bloody Septics.

:ph34r: :)

J.[/quote]

Thanks - I'll revise any future posts to reference you as "expert on all things [i]Nipponese[/i] circa 1970 - 1983 and alleged racist".

Considering how many Germans Eddie Rickenbacker shot down, I think the RickResource should tread very gently...