Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basic 4

thebeat

Got my latest ebay purchase delivered today...not without hassle i might add, but the wait was worth it!

I'm totally loving this bass...from the looks to the sound, via the 'feel'...this one is the one i've been looking for :wub: Tried Rics, Spectors, Fenders, Ibbys, Hagstrom and a few more that were more 'shots in the dark' more than sensible purchases :rolleyes: Now it seems that the search is over and i can give my wallet a rest for a while.

I've never had an active bass that i could get along with but the Sandberg sounds really good to my big, huge, ears on my big huge heid. Workmanship is also impressive...better built than my Ric that cost over twice the price! Not too heavy and the body shape is Fenderish enough without being a clone or being uncomfortable...it seems to wrap itself around me :) ...it embraces me with it's sound and it's shape and i think i want to shag it.

There's only one drawback with the bass...its smell! The guy i bought it from, apart from not liking to communicate with his buyers, would seem to have kept the bass in his kitchen...either that or he stored it with garlic to keep the bass vampires away. Not joking, and not being racist either, but the guy was Polish and it would seem that he has a Garlic addiction cos the bass reeks of the stuff! It's even made my hands smell of garlic! Oh well! i suppose it'll stop the cats from pissing on it if nowt else.

Here's some pics:

Awesome bass! I detest garlic tho'. I think cats piss smells better! (Yes really)
If it came with a case,get rid of the case.
I could imagine you'll have to get high quality cleaner for the bass tho'.
Let me know what polish(not poleish :) ) you go for if you do

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE