Why become a member? ×

Ashdown VBA 320 Valve amp

hookys6stringbass

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='468960' date='Apr 21 2009, 07:38 PM']Id this instead of the BTA400? [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=215"]Here?[/url]

Did they remember we have valves in our amps in this country?[/quote]
the bta 400 is available at soundslive for £1439!no fear of me getting one! :) so now there is a vba 320 as well,wonder if that is made in usa like the bta 400.

Edited by bassmansky

I think this is the valve head that Ashdown said they were releasing for the UK/Euro Market...The USA ones were made out there to snap up the loyal Ampeg players who were disgusted that they moved the factory to Vietnam (or somewhere like that...could have sworn it was vietnam though)...looks better than the VBA400, and if english engineered then will make you feel better for owning one :) :rolleyes:

Im going to be MEGA skint when this thing comes out!

[quote name='Greene-Mann' post='471038' date='Apr 23 2009, 07:43 PM']I think this is the valve head that Ashdown said they were releasing for the UK/Euro Market...The USA ones were made out there to snap up the loyal Ampeg players who were disgusted that they moved the factory to Vietnam (or somewhere like that...could have sworn it was vietnam though)...looks better than the VBA400, and if english engineered then will make you feel better for owning one :) :rolleyes:

Im going to be MEGA skint when this thing comes out![/quote]

So Am I !!!!!!!!!!! Hope it's not as much as the BTA400!! It'll look good sitting on the top of my Ashdown Custom combo

[quote name='Lifer' post='471482' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:29 PM']The American one has 8, looks like this has 6:

[/quote]
still 807s are only like 60quid each and 6 kt88s will cost you around 200 and 807s can do 800watts in pushpull they do need quite alot of voltage though ;<

[quote name='Marky L' post='471526' date='Apr 24 2009, 02:09 PM']Oh.. nice :)

But why have the tone controls in that order? - MIDDLE-BASS-TREBLE. Seems a bit cack-handed.
What are the little toggle switches below the main knobs?[/quote]
would make sense if it was a baxandall tone stack, would be easier to lay out