Why become a member? ×

Wilcock MM - on hold - *SOLD*
£1250
Edinburgh, Scotland

dmckee

Lovely handmade short scale, made in 2020 I believe. You know the deal with Wilcocks and this one is no exception. Sounds great, plays really well, nice and light, balances perfectly, excellent condition, humbucker pickup, volume and tone (with push/pull for series/parallel). I've had a few things done to improve it: 

- Hipshot Kickass bridge fitted (as Viv seems to use on his new ones)

- new tort scratchplate made for it (and will send with the old one, pictured)

- cavity screened

- Dunlop strap locks fitted

- recent setup (and all work above) done by Chris McIntyre, here in Edinburgh

- currently has Status flats on it

It's a terrific bass but I've got a USA G&L Fallout coming and (given the Fallout's geometry) I just found I preferred it because it feels less different to my regular basses (if that makes sense!). 

My only minor criticism was I found the volume control didn't have much variation across its range (most seemed to happen near the start of the turn). I had Chris put a different pot in that didn't help, so I talked to Viv and he suggested the pot shown in the pic below. I haven't had a chance to get that fitted but will include it with the sale.  Will also include a Harley Benton lightweight shell case (not pictured). 

Would prefer pickup obviously, but could ship if necessary (once I can source a box). 

IMG_2097.jpeg

Edited by dmckee
  • Like 6

• dmckee changed the title to Wilcock MM - on hold
  • dmckee changed the title to Wilcock MM - SOLD, PLEASE DELETE