Why become a member? ×

Pls Remove
£2250
Denmark

Thomas P

• Thomas P changed the title to Masterbuilt Warwick Streamer LX5

Can have been made afterwards.

I personally collected the instrument at the seller. Greated his wife, entered his home, drank the coffee he offered and chatted for an hour before leaving. He`s a well known player in Denmark. You can find a +1 hour interview with him on YT/FB.

Can`t imagine he would risk his reputation by inventing a story like this. 

Check this other Streamer Masterbuilt. Exactly the same i.e. ref between last two digits in the serial number and the year of make.

https://reverb.com/item/61537462-warwick-custom-shop-streamer-stage-i-5st-honey-violin-2017-natural

Anyway, case closed from my side :0)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

In doubt? Check the certificate. Think that's "fake" as well?

It's a normal question...but any person who is in doubt can contact Hans Peter Wilfer by mail. He will respond and can help you very much with all your questions:)

• Sad 1

I respect diversity, humble to being corrected if wrong, and guard my integrity.

As said no harm done, we`re a brotherhood (not sure what word to use to include woman in order

not to be regarded as male chauvinist ;0) so let peace settle and love rule!

So back to the subject, anyone fancy a nice Warwick in pristine condition? 🙂

@ Flaviusm, happy to trade with your Elrick Platinum if interested.

Edited by Thomas P
Spelling
  • Like 1

I believe it may be a newer bass. Perhaps the '99' is not indicative of the year it was built? It appears to be an ovangkol neck with a wenge fretboard, whereas I believe all the LX's of that era were still using wenge necks. Plus the 'masterbuilt' stamp, I had never heard of Warwick using that term until around 2009 or whenever it was that they split their lines into GPS, Teambuilt, Masterbuilt, Custom etc. 

Not saying it doesn't look like a great bass, it does, just trying to establish the facts which I'm sure would be of interest to any prospective buyer.