Why become a member? ×

Vic & STeve Jam in Namm

Marcus

Nic Vic & Steve Bass Jam from Namm !!

Check out the drummer..... nice stereo effect on the drums if you can listen on a decent set of speakers & hit the HQ button

Enjoy

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHISMEYvVA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHISMEYvVA...player_embedded[/url]

Edited by Marcus

I don't get it with Steve Bailey - he's plainly out of tune? I've listened to a few other clips on YT so it's not an isolated problem. It's not like it's a big stage with no monitoring - he had headphones on.
If I played fretless like that I'd give up and play like Vic instead :rolleyes:
Love the minimalist drums! :)

[quote name='Faithless' post='468601' date='Apr 21 2009, 02:49 PM']Not bad, but I prefer [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xahowfre4gg&feature=channel_page"]this [/url]video, when it comes to Mr. David Haynes - [u]real [/u]drums, I like 'em so much more![/quote]
Serious groove - thanks for that!

Sorry, but (I've just realised it.. :)) I simply don't get Steve - as he's playing sooo much in high register of bass, at the end of the neck, of course, i mean, the [i]Dusty End[/i], he even has to bring his fretting hand thumb 'in the front' (for reaching notes, I believe..), so the question is:

[b]Why the f*ck he is using that goddamn Jazz shape???[/b]

Is it (shape)incorporated in his 'vision of the bass', or is it just me?

I just don't get it...

Edited by Faithless

Ok, signature is signature, but, I think, when a company/luther is making an instrument for an artist(endorser, whatever..), it's [u]the artist[/u], who chooses, what his instrument should be like(shape, number of strings, whatever..), but [u]not the company[/u], that chooses a body shape for an artist, right? :)

Edited by Faithless

The intonation of Steve is just terrible...It just hurts my ears when I hear him play.
Isn't he the one that said that you had to practice intonation on fretless by playing in a dark room ?
He's got the lights on here but it still sounds out of tune. That eary reverb-sound doesn't make it better, like a sound of dolphins shitting.

Vic's playing is sterling as always. I actually like him playing the bass line best these days, although his soloing in the fast latin number was fantastic. He's still the best out there :)

Yes, I'm not too impressed by Steve's fretless playing on this occasion either, but it's a good opportunity to hear his new Fender signature 6-stringer in action. When he puts his thumb on the board it's the same as thumb position on the double bass. Enables the player to play higher registers while maintaining the hand shape. You don't see it on electric bass very often, but as stated earlier in this thread, I guess it's a neccesity on a Fender jazz.

Dave Fingers Haynes isn't a player I've come across too often, but he does seem very good. Very similar to Vic's brother, but not as Wooten-esque complex.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz