Why become a member? ×

PRS. Aaaaaargh

Dan Dare

Rant alert. I moved recently and have been trying without success to inform PRS of my new address. It appears a simple task. Just log into your account, add your new address, press "Submit" and voila.  Oh, er, computer says no.

The address on my account is actually my last but one, because I had a similar problem when I last moved in 2013. Attempts to contact them are fruitless. Anyone else had similar experiences with them? I just hope (probably in vain) that their system is a bit more efficient when it comes to royalty calculation and distribution.

They are very efficient and have been for many years. Every quarter, I get my Broadcast royalties paid straight into my bank account. You can check this on the PRS account page.

My MCPS payments are also paid directly in on the same day. Although, statements from them, come through the post for some reason.

Changing address is easy. They will just need to verify who you are.

1.thumb.JPG.d1ad3a52868a9b2a199ce28d832d0d3f.JPG2.thumb.JPG.7a69f12abee7ba07e9874218a6c1386f.JPG3.thumb.JPG.158341fe402d375dd784b99399c2f783.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lowdown said:

Changing address is easy. They will just need to verify who you are.

I went through exactly that process several times this morning - navigated all the screens you pasted into your post, got the 6 digit identifier code sent to my phone, etc - with no success.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

I went through exactly that process several times this morning - navigated all the screens you pasted into your post, got the 6 digit identifier code sent to my phone, etc - with no success.

How odd, I've just tried it and got the code. I was then able to amend something, and it was accepted.

Sorry, I can't think of anything other than keep trying. Maybe try calling or emailing them tomorrow?

Screenshot_20221103-215442_Textra.thumb.jpg.fd6f9cf78ada31177fe80f67ad3421ec.jpg

Edited by lowdown