Why become a member? ×

NBD Vigier 1V "A crime of passion!"

wright/watt

So I don't believe in my ten years plus on this forum, I have not started a topic header!  Abit remiss I know! 

So to quote Jilted John "Here we go, 11, 111, 1V!"

So in the last week I have bought from @CookPassBabtridge a wonderful Vigier Passion 1V.  4 string.. I am in, the very, very fortunate position of owning a few Vigiers.. A passion series 11 with the all carbon neck, 1986. A series 111 passion custom with 10/90 graphite wood neck 1992. Plus this recent 2020 series 1V..

What they all have in common, it the amazing craftsmanship of Patrice Vigiers team of luthiers..outstanding..

The playability and action on any Vigier Passion I have played, is as good as I have found in my nearly forty years of playing/trying (lol) of bass..

They are a niche market for sure..That said, I would say those in the know, know how good they are..

So now I have a series 1V. passion.I had in 2014  A series 1V Arpege, but found the Glokenklang 3 band controls for each pick up, to much for myself personally, and I could not get used to the bolt on neck on this model, compared to the early series basses through neck versions..

The Passion 1V has a more simple layout of bass/middle/treble controls, and is very easy to dial in your sound compared to the series 111/111 basses with thier parametric control and cut/boost switch and tone control. The new Vigier pickups quieter than the wonderful single coil Benedetti ones..which are in my humble opinion still AMAZING!!!. Access to all the 24 frets easy on the series 1V a breeze. Action as good as ever on this bass..If you like a super low action, you will find a Vigier hard to beat! Neck profile super slim on all three series of these basses..but the passion 111 the slimmest..possibly more than an Ibanez soundgear! (Is that possible! lol) Obviously no truss rod which to some may take abit of getting used too..All the three series of basses have an almost totally straight neck with the slightest of slight concave shape..no deadspots whatsoever on the phenolic fingerbords..

if you ever get a chance to play a Vigier seize the moment👍😃

IMG_20221014_134830.jpg

IMG_20221014_134408.jpg

IMG_20221014_134202.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

Wow what a collection! She looks right at home 😊 Agree with everything you’ve said, I’d recommended these basses to anyone without hesitation, just a joy to play. 

Now I think you just need to find a series 1 to complete the set! 😉

Ironically enough Tom! There is a Series 1 passion bass for sale in Paris...

www.leboncoin.fr

Now decorating the living room, was the deal breaker, to let me own this stunning  bass!! A weekend in Paris, hotel, meals flights etc, etc. My better half would love that too, alas the keeper of the purse, say's NO!!!🤣😃👍

• Haha 1