Why become a member? ×

DI feed - Pre or Post EQ

Guest MoJo

[quote name='AM1' post='467441' date='Apr 20 2009, 01:46 PM']Yeah! The Precision sounds like sexual chocolate through it! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I can imagine :)

This is the one thing I miss about going the POD route, I don't get my internal organs messed around anymore. I played through my mate's old V4B with an 8x10, boy that Ampeg sound is awesome!

[quote name='silddx' post='467499' date='Apr 20 2009, 02:51 PM']I can imagine :)

This is the one thing I miss about going the POD route, I don't get my internal organs messed around anymore. I played through my mate's old V4B with an 8x10, boy that Ampeg sound is awesome![/quote]

Yeah I play through a Trace Elliott 8x10 every week, thunderous bass sound! I don't need a fan, the amount of air being blasted out of that cab cools me down nicely!

Great sound! Especially with a tasty amount of gain cranked up. The SVT lives at the end of my bed.

In fact, I am gainfully wasting the afternoon playing through it now while pretending to do constructive stuff.

Life is good!

I've noticed having an Avalon U5 in my rack is an excellent canary to test for the presence of engineers that know what they're doing - if they know what it is then things generally go well. If they don't then I interfere until they do. :)

Going post EQ only tends to work well if you have a reasonably accurate and honest cab, otherwise the engineer will then have to re-EQ you to get you to sound nice through the PA. My SWR took the pre EQ signal through the first stage of the tube and then through a variable pad with ground lift - a nice DI that was! The Avalon is even nicer but then it is first and foremost a DI, not a bass preamp.

Alex