Why become a member? ×

Thunderfunk TFB550 - *SOLD*
£550
Dartford

AxelF

Thunderfunk TFB550 for sale - Dave Funk's classic head.

Has a ridiculous amount of tone-shaping options - a 6 band semi-parametric eq section featuring bass and treble knobs plus then 4 sweepable eq points offering virtually unlimited tweaking between 30Hz and 4kHz. In addition to that there are two controls labelled 'Enhance' and 'Timbre' - these have been a revelation to me in live use.

From the manual:

"Enhance: As you advance the knob, the sound tightens up, boosting the very low, upper middle and, high frequencies, while adding a dip in the lower middle frequencies. This brings out the fundamental notes by reducing frequencies that mask them, and it enhances the high-end transients, similar to techniques often used for recording bass in the studio."

"Timbre: Like the Enhance control, it is a complex adjustment of both treble and bass on one knob. Use it to range from a full to a punchy bass tone. Turned down you get a deep, full-bass tone, and turned up you get a tight, punchy-bass tone."

The 6-band eq is amazing but I generally got every sound I needed out of this amp by using those two controls alone. Any additional eqing I did was then generally for the specific room. 

Also has the solid state/tube emulation switch.

Has 2 DIs - pre and post eq, each with a ground lift and an output level for the post eq. 

500 watts into 4 ohms - not sure what it would give into 8, but the same as usual I guess!

In fantastic condition - it's lived in a rack for all of my gigs, I think I have the rack ears too for it which I'll include.

£550, would prefer collection from Dartford ideally, but open to meeting within a reasonable distance or can discuss shipping at the buyers risk/expense.

IMG_20221003_155607.jpg

IMG_20221003_155629.jpg

IMG_20221003_155713.jpg

Edited by AxelF
  • Like 6

Yeah there's not really many videos around that demonstrate what the filters and the eq can do, I've recorded a quick video to try and show some of the range of tones available - please ignore the shoddy playing! ;) You can get a huge range of tones from just the 'Enchance' and 'Timbre' controls alone, or together, or you can just ignore them and use the semi-parametric eq to tune exactly the frequencies you want. The video is recorded with a Warwick Streamer straight into the amp and then out of the 'post eq' DI into my PC. No editing or tone shaping on the DAW.

https://youtu.be/FgaWmeUh0NQ

Edited by AxelF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• AxelF changed the title to SOLD - Thunderfunk TFB550