Why become a member? ×

FINAL Price Reduction £30. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock. - *SOLD*
£75
Gloucestershire

MungoBass

This new speaker was sent direct from SWR to a very popular ‘80s British band whilst they were on tour in the USA in July 2000. The ‘invoice’ states ‘accommodation for artist on tour with blown driver’ and was sent free of charge to the bassist.

It certainly looks unused and I have managed a little test with my Minimark and all seems okay, albeit at house volumes!

The invoice description states ‘Speaker 10” 36oz PAS GOL III SR, JR, TRIAD, REDHEAD’.

It is no lightweight and looks to be a very well made unit.

Shipping can be arranged but collection in person is welcomed.

Edited by MungoBass
Sold
  • Like 2

• MungoBass changed the title to Price Reduction. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock.
  • MungoBass changed the title to Price Reduction £50. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock.
On 09/11/2022 at 23:51, Downunderwonder said:

It's worth plenty to anyone that blows one in their 410 Goliath as they are otherwise made of unobtainium. You need to test it though.

Thank you, great advice.

I have managed to test it this morning with my Minimark - it sounded rather nice!

Edited by MungoBass

• 1 month later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to Price Reduction £40. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock.
  • MungoBass changed the title to Price Reduction £35. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to FINAL Price Reduction £30. Unused and Factory boxed SWR 10 inch Goliath Speaker. New Old Stock.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

Hello @MungoBass.  I don’t need another project, but this is Basschat after all.  £30 has me interested 😂

Do you know the ohm rating?

I am not around today to check the box or paperwork but there is an 8 stamped on the frame…

I will check tomorrow morning!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I’ve been instructed by SWMBO to purchase a tumble dryer, so there goes my projects fund for a while!

Make sure the tumble dryer has a 10 inch aperture….can you see what I’m thinking?!?!

😀

• Haha 1

Hmmm I had a quick look around online and came across a old picture of another one for sale 

it looked identical  except for a big 16 where you have an 8 - also came across different ones 

made for Eden by Eminence £29.99 new at Gear for music - who I think own Eden now 

I had read that Eden and SWR had used the same speakers at certain times - but that a 

company called PAS made the early SWR ones - couldn't find anything about PAS