Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3n cutting out

brianthebass

Hello all - I need some help - My Zoom B3n Multi Effect foot pedal has started to cut out intermittently - it is not a cable problem - sometimes when in a patch the signal cuts out completely, as if it was back in Tuner mode. If I switch to Tuner and back to patch occasionally it returns to signal but last night not even switching on and off would restore the signal. And when I switch to Tuner mode it does not register a note for tuning.

It is very disruptive - I do about 100 shows a year and use 10 bespoke patches I have prepared in the B3n.  It is about a year old and I do not want to factory reset as I would need to rebuild those patches I think.

I have not yet updated the Firmware but that would be my first option - has anyone had this problem and can suggest a solution - I have Emailed Zoom customer support but no reply yet.

Hoping someone can help before I gig again tonight - thanks

Brianthebass

You can use Tonelib Zoom https://tonelib.net/tonelib-zoom.html to store and restore your patches (and edit them as well). I think the Zoom software (Guitarlab?) also allows the same.

Could the issue be with the input socket? Or the cable connecting the I/O board to the main board? Have a look at this video for disassembly instructions on the similar G3xn:

• Like 1

First thing I’d check would be the power supply itself, mine overheated during a gig back in the summer & would cut out, with a flashing display..

I had to change power supply to get through the second half of the set.

Haven’t had a problem since I bought a ‘Onespot’ 9v supply..

1 hour ago, Bassman68 said:

First thing I’d check would be the power supply itself, mine overheated during a gig back in the summer & would cut out, with a flashing display..

I had to change power supply to get through the second half of the set.

Haven’t had a problem since I bought a ‘Onespot’ 9v supply..

This was my first thought.

• 2 weeks later...