Video: Sandberg Electra vs. Stingray Special

Vanheusen77

Which tone do you prefer here?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which tone do you prefer here?

• Stingray Special
    • Sandberg Electra TT

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

That Electra sounds fantastic. Especially as there's about over £1000 price difference.

What is your signal chain for recording? You always get a great sound.

Thanks! It’s straight into my Apogee duet interface with some compression from Logic’s “vintage FET” model compressor. No other processing.

• Like 1

Are the strings the same model and age on both? The Sandberg I like much more than I was expecting, especially considering the stingray special is my favourite bass of all time (and my most played) and I generally don't get on with jazz bass tone!

12 hours ago, Stingray64 said:

Are the strings the same model and age on both? The Sandberg I like much more than I was expecting, especially considering the stingray special is my favourite bass of all time (and my most played) and I generally don't get on with jazz bass tone!

Maybe you use a different setting on the preamp? The Ray had bass on 7-8/10 and treble on about 6/10.

12 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

How are you getting on with it?

I keep looking at them, but I'd have to order a Superlight version.

Liking it a lot TBH.  It's also really nice to have a passive option with the treble knob acting as a tone.  Still messing with the 3-band EQ to find may favourite couple of settings but looking very promising.  Itching to be able to record it properly at band practice so I can listen back.  Sadly the rehersal last week was in a tiny room with wooden floors so the recording were not great.  

• Like 1