Why become a member? ×

Moollon P-Classic 4 - Olympic White (on hold) - *SOLD*
£3000
London, UK

Arnoldoc

Offering my Moollon P-Classic bass as thinning out my P bass collection (I mainly play jazz basses).

These are usually going for over $4k in the US and have a 3-4 year waiting list for new orders.

Considered by many to be the best substitutes for pre-CBS basses (together with Olinto) at a fraction of the price; used by players such as Tim Lefebvre, Michael League, Scott Divine, Richard Bona, and Jonathan Maron. Everything is hand made and in-house including the pickups, nitro finishing, hardware using the same 1960s alloy, etc.

3.8kg / 8.3lbs

Full specs here http://www.moollon.com/front/product/product_list.php?code=003

Have had it since new. It's in very good condition and has not been played much. The ultra thin nitro finish is starting to check/crack in some places as expected, no scratches - same as in vintage nitro painted Fenders. I'm looking for a straight sale only / no trades.

My feedback post below:

IMG_8061.JPG

IMG_8060.JPG

IMG_8059.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG

IMG_8064.JPG

IMG_8063.JPG

Edited by Arnoldoc
  • Like 17

On 23/09/2022 at 08:09, JCB said:

Hi - what is the weight - and nut width please?

3.8kg/8.3lbs.  
                                                                                              Nut width 42.5mm, modelled after JY’s own early 60s P bass. 

Edited by Arnoldoc

13 hours ago, gorandelac said:

$k are going because people are flippers, there is topic about that on talkbass, had a Moollon, great bass.

It's supply and demand, basic economics, determining current prices. How much will it cost you to have one in 3 years is irrelevant if you want one today. It's not too different from buying a vintage Fender (how do you determine "value") and I presume it's going to be the same for Stenback basses - most people will be unable to get accepted on the current 4-5 year waiting list.

Think it's a very fair price compared to the ones on offer in the US. Less than what it would take to ship and import one into Europe in 3 years time. I did have a Jazz 5 from them which was very nice, although I do think their P basses are their top product.

Edited by Arnoldoc
  • Like 2

On 23/09/2022 at 19:28, Justin Kimball said:

Hey! How much for shipping to the US? Tennessee specifically. And how do you accept payment? 

I've now checked and it's around $200 for 3-4 day shipping with insurance on top. Payment via bank transfer or Paypal Friends & Family.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Arnoldoc changed the title to Moollon P-Classic 4 - Olympic White (sold)