Why become a member? ×

Replace speaker in my Eden 4ohm cab

richardd

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to actual cab, maybe we can find the spec of the actual internal speaker online.

The cab will have designed around a specific speaker (cab internal volume, dimension of port etc) so its maybe worth opening the cab up , removing the speaker seeing if the original speaker has any manufacturer label/ markings.

Most speaker manufactures offer 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm varieties , so you could possibly find the same speaker in 8 Ohm, which may not be cheap..prices start at around £100ish

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?manufacturer=Eminence&masthead=Loudspeaker_Drivers&subheadnew=15_Inch_Drivers

I know Eden used Eminence in their cabs, both Neodymium (lightweight)  and ferrite (standard-heavier) speakers. 

Edited by orangepeelneil

1 hour ago, richardd said:

Hi Guys,Cannot sell my Eden XLT 1x15 4ohm cab, so thinking of changing the 4to an 8 ohm speaker to get the best out of my Eden WT400 which is driving my BF 4x10 at 8 ohms.Any suggestions on a good replacement for my Eden ,Thank you

A WT400 into a BF4x10 isn't loud enough? You must have some noisy venues.

If you can't find a distinct code or label on the magnet (it could be a legacy supplier), there are alternative solutions.

If you can provide the following internal dimensions:-
 - the width, height and depth of the enclosure.

In addition, measure how far the the slot port extends from the front external edge to it's termination inside the box. From these dimensions, an accurate calculation of the gross volume of the box can be calculated and that opens the possibility of finding a suitable value-for-money replacement driver.