Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Jazz project - now £250 - *SOLD*
£400

Fishman

Update: Last price drop before going on the bonfire in November

Ibanez Jazz bass from the 1970s for sale – not looking for trades

I bought this years ago and have never got around to doing the work needed and I already have a J so this isn't needed – it's not the lightest, but certainly isn't the heaviest either – I'll figure out a way to weigh it if there's genuine interest

This is a bit of a project as it needs a bit of fretwork at the headstock end, a new nut and the bridge pickup winding isn't connected to the output – maybe this can be fixed or maybe needs replacing – the neck pickup is working

The nut is obviously too low – I've put some card under the strings to tune it – open strings and intonation all fine

I can't check the truss rod as it needs a stubby key and the ones I have won't go in far enough and I don't want to force it and strip it

The action is very low and it plays perfectly up the neck although it buzzes at frets 1–3 on all strings – worst at the first, improving as it gets to the third, then all OK

For someone with the skills this will make a nice bass – unfortunately I have neither the skills nor the time, so its has to go 🙁

No case, but could be disassembled and boxed for delivery (UK sale only)

Cheers

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

Edited by Fishman
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, mangalica said:

hello bass friend 

how much euro for that Ibanez from 70s and is it possible to send it to Slovakia ? 

thank you for the aswer

regards

Jozef 

Sorry Jozef, UK sale only – apologies for not stating that in the advert

• Fishman changed the title to Ibanez Jazz project - now £250

Unfortunately for me it is really not the right time to buy a new bass whatever the price or condition. But if it can be interesting feedback, I'd find it much more tempting if you could invest in a key to check the truss rod. Depending if that works or not, the magnitude of the project changes quite a lot (eg for me if the truss rod did not work I would not know what to do with the bass, if it did work, I would have jumped at it in better times)

• Like 1

• Fishman changed the title to SOLD - Ibanez Jazz project - now £250