Why become a member? ×

£600 now or its gone, Fender Deluxe Active/Passive Precision in Surf Pearl 2016 - *SOLD*
£700
Bristol

Pinball

This is a great 2016 MIM precision. I was looking for a precision in a hurry and was lucky enough to snag this bass from Theyellowcab on here. It sounds great as either a passive of active bass and I used it as my main bass in the summer-don't believe me? Come and try it or listen to the video's in theyellowcab's post. Condition is great and it comes with a Fender hard case. Condition is great, nice colour and nice neck grain too. It is currently wearing flats but I'll put some rounds back on for the sale. Weight is around the 4.1/4.2 Kg mark on my scales so just over 9lb.

"For players who find themselves alternating between a variety of musical styles at a moment’s notice, the Deluxe Precision Bass® Special is the perfect companion on stage and in the studio. Designed for powerful, flexible tone with smooth playing feel, this robust and rich-sounding bass combines the best features of Fender’s classic basses to create a "hybrid" model with sleek, authentic Fender style but is packed with new tones.

There’s a wealth of useful tones hiding inside this bass’ pickups and electronics. Powered by a punchy vintage-style split-coil Precision Bass pickup in the middle position and a growling Vintage Noiseless Jazz Bass bridge pickup, this bass rises to any occasion. The robust control scheme includes a three-band active EQ with treble, mid and bass controls—each with boost and cut to accurately shape your tone—along with a pan pot for precision blending of the pickups’ potent sound. The active/passive switch makes it easy to access both vintage-styled and modern voices, further extending this instrument’s sonic flexibility. The Fender HiMass™ bridge improves every note’s sustain and resonance while enhancing the attack for lively tone that lets your sonic personality shine through. The "C"-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and hosts a 1.5" synthetic bone nut and fast-playing 12"-radius fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets.

The alder body bears a durable gloss polyester finish that looks great under the spotlight while being tough enough to shrug off the abuse of gigging and travelling. Classic Precision Bass appointments include knurled flat-top control knobs, nickel/chrome hardware, black pickup covers, pearloid dot inlays and a 3-ply B/W/B pickguard. A pure tone machine with classic Fender sound and style, the Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special is a true performer, equally at home on stage and in the studio."

Body: Alder

Body Finish: Gloss Polyester

Neck: Maple

Neck Shape: "C" Shape

Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)

Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)

Number of Frets: 20

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

String Nut: Synthetic Bone

Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)

Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment

Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical

Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane

Fingerboard: Pau Ferro

Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood

Bridge Pickup: Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces

Middle Pickup: Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass

Controls: Master Volume, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut

Pickup Switching: Pan Pot

Bridge: Fender HiMass™

Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear

Orientation: Right-Hand

Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black

Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top

Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)

P1010585.thumb.JPG.52b2f72f9956e0446901e10ccc973cca.JPG

P1010583.JPG

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 10

I've just been "testing" this for a while after tightening a tone pot that was coming loose. Lovely sounds IMHO. There are loads of great sounds available with the pre-amp. I had only previously used it live in passive mode😁. Here's a vid of someone running a similar model though it's paces.

• Like 1

• Pinball changed the title to Fender Deluxe Active/Passive Precision in Surf Pearl 2016
21 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

These Deluxe series Jazz and Precisions are great basses. I have the same coloured Precision as this and they look even better than in the pictures! GLWTS.

Yes that was in daylight, it is one of those finishes that looks great on-stage or under lights. This is the same bass indoors....

• Pinball changed the title to £650 Fender Deluxe Active/Passive Precision in Surf Pearl 2016
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Damn you. You're going to get me in trouble. 

You’re welcome!!!!

I have owned a few of these Precisions and Jazzes (still have a P) and consider them to be great basses with a huge range of tones. I have never used one with fuzz so cannot be of any further help! 🤣

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Pinball changed the title to Offer? Fender Deluxe Active/Passive Precision in Surf Pearl 2016
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Pinball changed the title to £600 now or its gone, Fender Deluxe Active/Passive Precision in Surf Pearl 2016

Bizarre.

People are asking this much for bog standard Player Series & these things are so much more.

They are called Deluxe for a reason.

I've decided to keep mine as there is no better Fender (imo) available for this kind of money. Especially P body Jazz neck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, karlfer said:

Bizarre.

People are asking this much for bog standard Player Series & these things are so much more.

They are called Deluxe for a reason.

I've decided to keep mine as there is no better Fender (imo) available for this kind of money. Especially P body Jazz neck.

Agreed, I was blown away by this bass and paid more. It is one of the nicest that I have played and I did think about putting it under the bed but it is sold now.

Ed

• Like 4

• Pinball changed the title to SOLD