Why become a member? ×

G&L l2500 tribute battery

Delamitri79

Yes, the battery will drain as long as you have the bass plugged in, regardless of whether or not the preamp is doing anything.  The passive/active switch only switches between the passive output from the pickups or the output from the preamp going to the output jack, it doesn't control the power to the preamp.  On the plus side, this means that the bass will still work in passive if the batteries die (it even works if you pull the battery out entirely - I've done this on an L-2000 and then the preamp switch effectively becomes a kill switch.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

Yes, the battery will drain as long as you have the bass plugged in, regardless of whether or not the preamp is doing anything.  The passive/active switch only switches between the passive output from the pickups or the output from the preamp going to the output jack, it doesn't control the power to the preamp.  On the plus side, this means that the bass will still work in passive if the batteries die (it even works if you pull the battery out entirely - I've done this on an L-2000 and then the preamp switch effectively becomes a kill switch.

Thank you very much for a very comprehensive and detailed answer. Much appreciated my friend 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, msb said:

I’ve been surprised by some Tribs. 

I’d second this comment. 

Aside from weight issues on some, many that I’ve tried have been just as good as those made in the U.S. Especially the early ones made in Korea.

• Like 1

I spent an hour bouncing between the Trib and a US model , and then came to the conclusion that they were pretty close , and bought the Trib. It was a very early Korean one.

As it turns out I’m simply not a five string guy at all.