Why become a member? ×

Poweramp and Pod

Jamesemt

I'm just weighing up options as my superfly has lost one channel.

I've got two 4 ohm Eden Nemesis cabs and was thinking of just replacing the superfly with a poweramp?

I've been setting the superfly flat and using the pod anyway.

Is there anything to stop me just using a poweramp? Seems a cheap way to get what I want??

If so, could anyone recommend me something? Would like at least 2x400 watts as didn't have enough headroom with the superfly (or maybe I just got a duffer)

Db technologies look quite cheap...

It seems that most people who bought a superfly got a duffer!

I'm pretty sure there's a few people on here who do what you're thinking of with the Pod and a poweramp. Don't see any reason why it can't work. Have you checked the for sale forums for a poweramp?

James
I use a Peavey TMaxx tube solid state preamp combined with a modified Peavey DPC 1000 digital power amplifier.
I cannot recommend these amps enough. Take a look at the link to the manual -http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301925.pdf
It would provide a very powerful clean nuetral amplification for your Line 6 Pod preamp.
I will be selling soon a couple of these amplifiers refurbished but modified to have the volume controls on the front panel same as the DPC 1400 which has had some fab reviews.
The price would be around 275pounds with a 1 year guarantee. If you are interested then please let me know. I can send you some photos of my rig so you can see what I'm on about. If its power you want then power to size to reliability these beasties can't be beaten.
PM me for more details.
Cheers Pat

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='465400' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:19 PM'].... was thinking of just replacing the superfly with a poweramp?

Is there anything to stop me just using a poweramp? Seems a cheap way to get what I want??[/quote]

Nothing stopping you at all and a great idea. I run my X3 into my MarkBass F1. It's crystal clear tone suits adding modelling and I too run the EQ pretty much flat.

I think it's a cheap way to get access to a massive amount of nice amp tones. You may never wanna buy a different head again!