Why become a member? ×

I would not say 'New...', But a peaceful return from a decade away.

ARGH

A decade plus, ago I haunted here a lot, I was younger, angrier, and explosive...experimental....Opinionated.

A lot of life has changed me, a bit is still the same, I still use a Tech21 Landmark 300w head and matching 1x15, sometimes (read that as rarely) a matching 4x10. I've gigged a lot, toured the UK, and bits of Europe (always carrying a battered Sansamp in the case), and now earn a living making regular gigs (Booked/played nearly 100 atm this calender year, looking for more) , I'm even thinking about teaching, giving something back, though it is early days, and I'm getting my reading down. I am deeply aware I know something, but not all.

Still using Yank Fenders that I mod to Hell and Back to some degree, a 96 P, 2015 P, and a 2013 Jazz) be it Pickups. Bass Xtenders, Nut material, refrets with different fretwire height/Size, in short they are utter workhorses.

I find Fenders, though not without their problems, I can make them work for me, and if anything breaks, kaks out, its fixable... in fact the biggest gear change in 20 years is going back to Rotosound Swing Stainless strings, for the first time since ...a rather long time ago.

I simply didn't realise how strings affect tone because I never changed brands, but my gauge still remains the same (.110 heavy). 

Anyways, Hi...much love, keep safe, and enjoy the day.

• Like 2