Why become a member? ×

Dose this cable exist???

bigthumb

I've looked on eBay and couldn't find anything. I'm after a short female jack input speaker patch lead connected to a female speakon connector the other end. 

If not, is there anybody out there making custom leads? 

Ta. 

Now I am confused. I thought that was the male end connector, i.e plugs into the female input on the  back of your cab. What I'm after is a connector that a standard speakon cable will plug into with a female 1/4 the other end. 

Found one. But in the US. 🙄

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271807459737?hash=item3f48fcb199:g:SvEAAOSwG-1WznRm

Edited by bigthumb

Slightly off topic:

You will pay over the odds for a speaker rated in-line jack socket and/or an in-line speakon socket just because they are not commonly available.

If you are comfortable doing so, it would be cheaper to use readily available panel-mount  jack sockets and speakon sockets and fit them into a small plastic box.

David

15 hours ago, bigthumb said:

I've looked on eBay and couldn't find anything. I'm after a short female jack input speaker patch lead connected to a female speakon connector the other end. 

If not, is there anybody out there making custom leads? 

Ta. 

What exactly do you need this for? 

As has been said in-line female sockets are quite a bit more expensive. Depending on your requirements it might be cheaper just to make up a few custom leads. And the fewer connections you have in your speaker connection the better.

5 hours ago, BigRedX said:

What exactly do you need this for? 

As has been said in-line female sockets are quite a bit more expensive. Depending on your requirements it might be cheaper just to make up a few custom leads. And the fewer connections you have in your speaker connection the better.

I have a Markbass combo that I want to use just as a cab as I want to try a different head. The combos speaker connects to the head via a 1/4 jack so I'd need a female connector for that and the means of connecting that to my speakon lead. I found a female 1/4 to speakon lead but it was a little too short.

I found the exact solution but it was located in America, can't find anything here yet.  

Then you just need a male Speakon plug to in-line female jack socket cable. It's reasonably easy to make one up yourself, you'll only need to solder the Jack socket as the Speakon is all screw terminals. Make sure you get proper Neutrik connectors especially for the Speakon.

• Thanks 1

If you just need a temporary solution to see if the head/cab combination works, then you could try one of these - https://amzn.eu/d/6KLCXDQ it is just a female to female jack connector type thing - assuming you have a Speakon to Jack lead already. I was in a similar situation and this did the trick. Wouldn't rely on it as a gig-ready solution, but it would tell you that a more robust/permanent solution as suggested above is worth the investment. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...