Why become a member? ×

*** GONE *** Bassist in Oxford / High Wycombe / Reading / Wantage area?

Happy Jack

Easy-going 5-piece soul band has lost its bassist (well, more accurately, I have moved sideways onto keyboards) and needs a permanent member to take on the appalling burden of playing classic soul basslines from Stax, Motown and Atlantic all the way through to Chic and Amy Winehouse.

These basslines are the reason I started playing bass in the first place, and I can't be the only one. 

We have a couple of titchy festival-style gigs in the diary for September (each a single 1-hour set) and probaby a decent private party in December, but we can't really start chasing down gigs until we have a settled line-up.

Fly in the ointment? The four of us are all either self-employed or retired, which means that we can rehearse (at studios in Chalgrove, near Wallingford) on weekdays around lunchtime, which is nicely low-stress and of course cheaper, but means that this role isn't for everyone.

If you're up for this, or know someone who would be, I'll be right here waiting ...

Edited by Happy Jack

• 1 month later...
  • Happy Jack changed the title to *** GONE *** Bassist in Oxford / High Wycombe / Reading / Wantage area?