Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

String ID

Rayman

Ok.... well after pulling them off, and replacing them with my usual EB Super Slinkys..... I actually prefer the mystery set. The Slinkys are SO bright, a sound I used to love, but as I've gotten older, I prefer a less bright tone.... 

The EBs will mellow, but....

I may need to rethink my string choice for the future, thinking maybe DR Sunbeams again, after many years off them.

Seriously thinking of putting them back on….. they don’t seem that old, still bright ish, but not zingy. I like them, I just wish I knew what they were. Unfortunately the guy who put them on it has gone on holiday for two weeks.

0469A58A-E3B8-49EA-AAD3-839394A01C3E.jpeg

99CDD7AC-5D06-4E20-B954-EE66955377A5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, nilorius said:

What sound nuances do they have to think they are so wonderfull ?

Just nicely worn in strings, few months old maybe, still a nice bit of brightness but not too much….. y’know, it’s all in the ear of the beholder isn’t it.

Having just bought it, I figured that changing the strings was a good idea… clean the fretboard (it didn’t need cleaning, it was spotless), you know, Covid and all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Old dean markley Blue steels maybe 

I say old as they’ve changed colour a few times, they were blue at one point, silver white, then dropped the silk completely. 

16 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Just nicely worn in strings, few months old maybe, still a nice bit of brightness but not too much….. y’know, it’s all in the ear of the beholder isn’t it.

Having just bought it, I figured that changing the strings was a good idea… clean the fretboard (it didn’t need cleaning, it was spotless), you know, Covid and all. 

If You are shure, then really find out what brand and model it is, because it can really affect Your sound in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

GHS Super Steels have grey silks and none at the ball end. 

Can't remember the ball colour though. 

GHS are grey with brass ball ends 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, nilorius said:

Try out few brands and models, You will find the best ones, unless searching from picture ones.

Mate, I’ve been playing for 40yrs, I tried most brands, although Dean Markley are not one of them.

EB or D’Addario have been my staple for years, after using DRs before that. 

Blimey I’ve tried them all….. always hated Rotos, not keen on Warwick black labels either, but most others are cool as long as they’re Nickel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Mate, I’ve been playing for 40yrs, I tried most brands, although Dean Markley are not one of them.

EB or D’Addario have been my staple for years, after using DRs before that. 

Blimey I’ve tried them all….. always hated Rotos, not keen on Warwick black labels either, but most others are cool as long as they’re Nickel.

Don't worry, Your cool !!!!

• Like 1