Why become a member? ×

String ID

Rayman

1 hour ago, Bunion said:

The trouble to make strings, would it be worth producing knock offs? 

I thought this, but seem to remember some dodgy sets of Elixirs being sold a while ago.

Some folk reckoned they were knock offs. I guess if you're going to try a scam, you'd go

for the more expensive brands to copy.

The fraudsters are, in all likelyhood, not making strings at all. They are simply supplying dirt-cheap strings in a fake package made to look like the 'real' strings, at a lower price than the real deal. Their only 'skills' are in the use (or abuse...) of Photoshop. -_-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that’s more along the lines of what I thought too….. cheapo strings repackaged. However I don’t think that’s the case here, having spent half the night playing them, I think it’s just the new string thing, which I hate. I like them after a few weeks of playing, when they’ve gone off a bit. It’s been a long time since I bought new rounds, and having been playing tapes almost exclusively the last few months….. I think the new rounds thing has caught me off guard. They’ll be fine in a few weeks….. I’ll just roll all the treble off the bass for now.

Yep, blue steels seem to be the answer. 

Never tried them before, but these sound ace, even if they’re old. I’m keeping them for spares and sticking with the Slinky’s for now. Maybe I’ll boil them, or maybe the gunk contributes to the tone? Lol

46 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Yep, blue steels seem to be the answer. 

Never tried them before, but these sound ace, even if they’re old. I’m keeping them for spares and sticking with the Slinky’s for now. Maybe I’ll boil them, or maybe the gunk contributes to the tone? Lol

The funk is in the gunk, but only if it’s tone-gunk ;) .

• Haha 3