Why become a member? ×

Secondhand value advice??

Linus27

I have major gas for a Lakland Darryl Jones Skyline. However, the only way I am going to get one is if I sell my Fender Jazz Classic 1970 Re-issue. I bought it brand new a couple of months ago and only used it at home so it in in total mint condition. It has also been set up by Jo White, a professional luthier which cost £80. New they seem to be around £540 - £580 but seem to be out of stock for some reason.

Any ideas what I should sell her for if I decide to?

Here is a picture of her on the right.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='463675' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:42 AM']£80 for a setup? Jeez, what does he do for that?[/quote]

Strips the whole bass, treats the wood, checks all the electrics/wiring and replaces or re-wires if needed, greases tuners, saddles etc, adjusts the neck relief, sorts the frets out, pickups height, string height, and setups the bass to suit your playing. I think there is more but can't remember. Every single part of the bass is treated. The bass then plays like creamy butter afterwards :):)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='463643' date='Apr 16 2009, 08:42 AM']If your MIM classic 70's jazz is mint, I'd start around 350. Sounds reasonable to me :rolleyes: Someone's sure to snare it at that.[/quote]

+1 Depends on how fast you want to sell it :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='463643' date='Apr 16 2009, 08:42 AM']If your MIM classic 70's jazz is mint, I'd start around 350. Sounds reasonable to me :) Someone's sure to snare it at that.[/quote]

Not sure its worth me selling it if £350 is the best I can get. Thats losing quite a bit on a bass thats a few months old. Probably worth keeping for that price.

Its got to be worth more than £350 although I'd agree it does depend on how quick you want to sell it.
Ive seen them online from around £520 upwards. Ive seen one in a local shop a few pounds shy of 600 quid.
if its mint and you have an invoice with the setup work thats been done , surely its worth a punt offering it for near that price and see what happens. People can only haggle it down then.

Edited by Stu-khag

[quote name='Stu-khag' post='464017' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:29 PM']Its got to be worth more than £350!
Ive seen them online from around £520 upwards. Ive seen one in a local shop a few pounds shy of 600 quid.
if its mint and you have an invoice with the setup work thats been done , surely its worth a punt offering it for near that price and see what happens. People can only haggle it down then.[/quote]

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel about it. It also comes with a Fender gigbag. £350 seems too low for a bass thats mint condition, only played at home complete with a full setup. Might as well keep it for that price.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='464018' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:31 PM']Yeah, this is kind of how I feel about it. It also comes with a Fender gigbag. £350 seems too low for a bass thats mint condition, only played at home complete with a fill setup. Might as well keep it for that price.[/quote]

You know I'm interested! And this isn't a blunt attempt at a haggle... honest.

They're in stock at [url="http://www.reidys.com/index.pl?submit=View_PLU&PLU=6649&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=PriceComparison"]Reidy's[/url] for £520

And at [url="http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/brands/Fender/Bass/sc1114/b1331/p7007.aspx"]nevada[/url] for £510

I have seen them go on ebay for £350 - £400, the one I saw go for £400 had a Bad Ass II fitted. Was a few months ago though now and I can't find the item.