Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Basses - My new build....

joe_geezer

Guys i need your help, Has anyone ever owned or played a Jaydee GA24? Does the pointed body shape effect how you stand the bass up? Also is it comfortable to play sitting down, could you position the bass between your legs or would the pointed body shape dig into your inside leg?

On 29/05/2022 at 13:05, joe_geezer said:

Guys i need your help, Has anyone ever owned or played a Jaydee GA24? Does the pointed body shape effect how you stand the bass up? Also is it comfortable to play sitting down, could you position the bass between your legs or would the pointed body shape dig into your inside leg?

Quick answers;

1) Yes, I have a custom GA24

2) Not if you use a decent stand (Hercules or similar) - the point isn’t too long

3) Yes / no

Be aware that the slightly closer pick up placement from the Classic / Series 1-3 models results in quite a different and distinct sound. More tightly focused to my ears.

14DF95B9-689A-4FCF-ADF8-4877E132D7D5.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Captain Bassman said:

Quick answers;

1) Yes, I have a custom GA24

2) Not if you use a decent stand (Hercules or similar) - the point isn’t too long

3) Yes / no

Be aware that the slightly closer pick up placement from the Classic / Series 1-3 models results in quite a different and distinct sound. More tightly focused to my ears.

14DF95B9-689A-4FCF-ADF8-4877E132D7D5.jpeg

I love this bass & there is also a few others built in the last few years, i think there's also a quilted maple version some one ordered...

Just out of interest, how long did your build take & what model is it based (or is it based on a ga24 but with all the custom extras?). 

59 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

I love this bass & there is also a few others built in the last few years, i think there's also a quilted maple version some one ordered...

Just out of interest, how long did your build take & what model is it based (or is it based on a ga24 but with all the custom extras?). 

Mine was commissioned in January 2007 and arrived in May 2008. Not bad by current wait times.

I noticed there’s a guy on YouTube with what looks like an identical bass but mine was the first! 😉

It’s a GA24 with a few custom options and, of course, the revised headstock shape.

6 hours ago, Captain Bassman said:

Mine was commissioned in January 2007 and arrived in May 2008. Not bad by current wait times.

I noticed there’s a guy on YouTube with what looks like an identical bass but mine was the first! 😉

It’s a GA24 with a few custom options and, of course, the revised headstock shape.

Wow, it reminds me a bit of one of Mark King's Alembic Series 2 basses... do you own or have you owned any supernaturals? 

6 hours ago, joe_geezer said:

Wow, it reminds me a bit of one of Mark King's Alembic Series 2 basses... do you own or have you owned any supernaturals? 

No, tried a few before buying the GA. It’s still branded as a Supernatural on the back of the headstock and is essentially the same bass as the Classic and Series 1 etc - same electronics and pickups - but with a longer neck and slightly downsized body.

I always liked the fact that they were different from the norm and, compared with other custom builds they were, (and still are I believe) extremely good value for money.

3 hours ago, Captain Bassman said:

No, tried a few before buying the GA. It’s still branded as a Supernatural on the back of the headstock and is essentially the same bass as the Classic and Series 1 etc - same electronics and pickups - but with a longer neck and slightly downsized body.

I always liked the fact that they were different from the norm and, compared with other custom builds they were, (and still are I believe) extremely good value for money.

Are the GA's 34" scale length?