Why become a member? ×

Monitoring - if tha wants owt done proper...

lozkerr

11 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

You should be able to achieve this through A&Hs Midi Control app, which will allow you to send MIDI control changes to the QU via a MIDI controller surface. Not tried it myself - but on first glance, it certainly looks doable.

I've heard people say they've had mixed results trying it, so haven't bothered too much with looking into it. I've gone down the route of using 2 tablets, one for the main mix, the other for sends. If I ever do miss the physical surface too much, I'll take along the QU24, although it's definitely not as easy a load to shift.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, due to band members going on holiday followed by me getting covid, but I finally got a chance to use it in anger tonight.

It works brilliantly. I could hear myself singing perfectly and could crank up the bass to a level where I never felt the slightest need to dig in. Nary a hint of fret buzz or string clatter all evening, and my playing was far better. I used one mic to capture the ambient sound, but next time I think I'll use two - a condenser mic aimed at the PA and an ambient mic to capture stage sound. 

The only downside, as @mcnach pointed out, is the amount of electric string involved. I think the next enhancement will be a dedicated cable bundle, but that just needs off-the-shelf cables and some lacing cord. I put a patch panel on the back of the flight case, so with colour-coded connections, setting up should only take a couple of minutes at most.

I'll need to do a wee bit more experimenting, but at this stage it's looking like I can dispense with an IEM feed from the desk entirely. Feeling dead chuffed right now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1