Why become a member? ×

Cab moving

Guest BassAdder27

Can't see how that helps lift a cab into the back of a car, though - that's when I'm most likely to do myself an injury.

Having said that, I have been leaving my Barefaced 1 x 12 and lightweight amp at home in favour of a heavy Ashdown combo because it sounds so good.

9 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Can't see how that helps lift a cab into the back of a car, though - that's when I'm most likely to do myself an injury.

Having said that, I have been leaving my Barefaced 1 x 12 and lightweight amp at home in favour of a heavy Ashdown combo because it sounds so good.

Lifting isn’t a problem for me but carrying my cab across a car park etc is hard going hence the trolley.

Stairs makes it harder at venues but we can handle those !

I just don’t like screwing castors to the bottom of cabs so that plans out. 
Tried a “ dolly” but terrible over gravel etc etc 

I would much prefer to haul a heavy great sounding rig compared to a lightweight rig that lacks the desired punch and volume 

Edited by BassAdder27

1 minute ago, BassAdder27 said:

I would much prefer to haul a heavy great sounding rig compared to a lightweight rig that lacks the desired punch and volume 

I think I have come to the same conclusion - at least for as long as I can still get the heavier stuff in and out of the car without having to call an ambulance.

In fact, I am buying another ABM combo tomorrow so I can leave one at our rehearsal place (private house of one band member) and not have to carry more than my bass for rehearsals.

• Like 1

My Ampeg Svt212av cab weighs 30kg approx ( twice the weight of my old Ashdown ProNeo cabs ) 

The sound I can get with this one cab makes the heavy lifting worth it 

I can lift and walk with this cab for a sensible distance .. boot of car to rehearsal hall and back to house etc but in the event it’s further I think the £65 barrow will be well worth the price and I get the sound I prefer too

Edited by BassAdder27

The only info I can find about my ABM 500/2x10 combo suggests it weighs 38kg. I will look into the barrow - can't see me lugging that very far these days. Forty years ago I was carrying a Trace 4x10 combo up and down 3 flights of stairs every time I took it out of the flat. I was young, fit, and stupid back then. Now I am no longer young or fit.

• Like 1

Good choice!

I have a folding sack truck I got from Aldi a couple of years ago. Only bought it as a proof of concept, but it's holding up well and I can get my pedalboard, cab and head on it in one go (it's rated for 100kg)! Just stick a bass on my back and it's a one trip load in 👍 Don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

1 hour ago, MichaelDean said:

Good choice!

I have a folding sack truck I got from Aldi a couple of years ago. Only bought it as a proof of concept, but it's holding up well and I can get my pedalboard, cab and head on it in one go (it's rated for 100kg)! Just stick a bass on my back and it's a one trip load in 👍 Don't know why I didn't do it sooner!

I've got the same trolley that I use to move my 24.5kg Bergantino HD210 cabs (one at a time). My lightweight gear is used for practices but heavier gear goes to gigs whilst I can still manage it.

• Like 1

Just had the hand trolley arrive and I’m impressed to how it is.

Very strong but light and folds down really small 

Good sized wheels for gravel drives etc and makes moving heavy cabs a breeze.

Ideally you need to use a strap to keep the load from moving but I think this is worth the investment